Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

I switched to Pilot2ATC - the v2.x betas have been coming along nicely.  I haven't looked back to vox yet.  

As I said, I'm a noob to P2A. The one thing I miss, and I hope Dave adds it, it the radio chatter with AI traffic. I know that you can get canned chatter but that's not the same. I like the fact that it's being updated all the time.

NAX669.png

As I said, I'm a noob to P2A. The one thing I miss, and I hope Dave adds it, it the radio chatter with AI traffic. I know that you can get canned chatter but that's not the same. I like the fact that it's being updated all the time.

It is something that is missed for me as well.  The biggest selling point for me was that it works with XP and P3D.  Now I can easily flip to whatever sim I'm in the mood for and not need to compromise.  I do miss the traffic injection most from Vox though.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Many thanks. After a couple of flights, any chance of a quick review? I am more interested in pressing the button option, I am not into the voice interaction too much. Also, I fly mainly VFR so I am interested in that option as well.

John,

There's a free 10 day trial on P2A v2 available now. Give it a try.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike

P2A does look very promising, but some features are US only.  Are you bothered about that?

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

The part if vox I resent losing most if it has been abandoned will be the uk CAP413 compliant phraseology :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Mike

P2A does look very promising, but some features are US only.  Are you bothered about that?

Frank

Frank,

I think that the developer is looking in to adding procedures for other parts of the world. Right now I'm happy to be directed from point A to point B with no problems.

NAX669.png

I think there may be something going on behind the scenes... I'm going to show a little patience and see what happens :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I think there may be something going on behind the scenes... I'm going to show a little patience and see what happens :) K

Kevin, I'd like to think you're right but it's not looking good right now.

NAX669.png

Kevin, I'd like to think you're right but it's not looking good right now.

It's the only product on the market that is CAP 413 (uk atc phraseology) compliant.

I refuse to believe with that unique selling point that it has been abandoned... :P

Patience...

xaP1VAU.png

It's the only product on the market that is CAP 413 (uk atc phraseology) compliant.

I refuse to believe with that unique selling point that it has been abandoned... :P

Patience...

You haven't tried PF3 then! Which works with FS9, FSX, P3D and XPL.

Just reviewed the PF3 manual very quickly.

I dont mean to be rude but there is absolutely no mention of CAP413 in there.  The closest I've found is.."Regional ATC calls and instructions, reflecting the subtle and sometimes not so subtle differences between FAA and CAA controllers."   Perhaps someone can confirm or deny that that means full CAP413 compliance please?  Does PF3 do MATZ penetrations for example please? Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

It doesn't have to mention CAP413! PF3 is the most ICAO compliant of all the ATC sims. For example It's the only one that designates ICAO runways with a leading zero. "Cleared to land runway zero four right".

The problem with any ATC programme is the voices. Either everything is computerised or pre-recorded.

Unless you are prepared to have at least 119 voices pre-recorded with absolutely every nuance of instruction in them then you won't be satisfied.

As I said it's the most ICAO compliant so go with that!

I dont think I made myself understood properly sorry. I'm not for or against any app, but as I fly pretty much exclusively in the UK, UKATC compliant phraseology and procedures are important to me. So much so that I redesigned the default UK airspace to make it compliant with the UK AIP. So yes, the UK CAA radio telephony comms manual CAP413 is very important to me. Vox gives me this, and I'm not aware that any other app explicity does so.

Its absolutely NOT about voice variations, as Vox allows me to use addon voices to introduce variations in that respect. It IS about using the right terminology at the right time for the right location.

So again, as a test against that, I'd ask, does PF3 support MATZ penetrations?

xaP1VAU.png