Sign in to follow this  
gfd

UTX Canada v2

Greetings,

Ultimate Terrain X version 2 for Canada has be released. This will be excellent news for those of us from my Home and Native Land. In addition the following folks may be interested in the scenery:

-our American brothers and sisters who forgot to turn right to Europe and crossed the 49th parallel

-our extended family in Europe who neglected to turn left to the USA

-our dear friends from the rest of the world who thought Toronto was the capital of Massachusetts (everybody knows it's Buffalo)

I'm not sure how much influence Sennett had with the developers. However, he certainly introduced many of us to the idea and possibility of UTX Canada 2. Thank you.

So come guys...the developers put their necks out to produce this software; not knowing if they will lose their shirts on it. Time to walk the talk. This comment is directed at my Canadian compatriots. However, everyone should have the opportunity to say "pass me another beer...eh? You hoser", while flying over New Brunswick.  

Here's the link to the software:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxcanv2

Thank you very, very much. I'm going to go oot and aboot for a bit; then go sit on the chesterfield.

Count me in very soon. Is there a p3d V3 installer yet?

top of the page:"A new multi-platform installer that supports all versions pf Prepar3D, FSX, and FSX Steam"

Cheers!

Maarten

Great to hear. It would be interesting to see a comparison of urban landclass between this and openlc Canada. I'll buy it regardless for the vector data as i don't use orbx vector, but i'll have to decide between landclasses...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

You may run initially into an error with autogen path after installation, but do not worry, install the lights after and run the setup tool. The error will go away and the setup tool will check the setup ok.

Runs fine here in P3Dv3.

Pierre

Pierre

Downloading now. Love UTX, FPS friendly, installs easily, and for VA flying which is all I do, it looks great.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Great to hear. It would be interesting to see a comparison of urban landclass between this and openlc Canada. I'll buy it regardless for the vector data as i don't use orbx vector, but i'll have to decide between landclasses...

This beats openlc Canada by miles.  I have been a user since 1.x. I wish I had never bought Global Vector, which is gone from my HD.  The UTX products in general are much more detailed better memory usage and much better performance.  I am downloading and this will be my last add-on that purchase for 2015.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Bob and Vu Pham are your using Ftx global with UTX? I been looking in to a different setup. Vector I dont like.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Bob and Vu Pham are your using Ftx global with UTX? I been looking in to a different setup. Vector I dont like.

I just use UTX.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I just installed for both FSX-Box edition (uninstalled, and then deleted FSX-UTX Can v1.0 before installing FSX-UTX Can v2.0) and P3D v2.4

For those asking the question does this installer also have a P3D v3.0 install option. 

It does not.  It will install into FSX (all versions) and P3D all versions up to and including v2.5

This might change, but as it stands now upon release, for P3D installation....only up to v2.5

Ses

Greetings,

-our American brothers and sisters who forgot to turn right to Europe and crossed the 49th parallel

-our extended family in Europe who neglected to turn left to the USA

-our dear friends from the rest of the world who thought Toronto was the capital of Massachusetts (everybody knows it's Buffalo)

You forgot to mention :

_Our dear European friends that mistook SYDNEY Nova Scotia for Sydney Australia and thought they had the bargain flight fairs of a lifetime...so sorry upon landing...in the middle of our winter (AU summer)

I just installed for both FSX-Box edition (uninstalled, and then deleted FSX-UTX Can v1.0 before installing FSX-UTX Can v2.0) and P3D v2.4

For those asking the question does this installer also have a P3D v3.0 install option. 

It does not.  It will install into FSX (all versions) and P3D all versions up to and including v2.5

This might change, but as it stands now upon release, for P3D installation....only up to v2.5

Ses

THANK YOU

THAT is the INFO I needed

No v3 install yet

OK no sale

You forgot to mention :

_Our dear European friends that mistook SYDNEY Nova Scotia for Sydney Australia and thought they had the bargain flight fairs of a lifetime...so sorry upon landing...in the middle of our winter (AU summer)

THANK YOU

THAT is the INFO I needed

No v3 install yet

OK no sale

D--n. I always forget that one :)

Actually the installer does have an option to install into v3, at least the one i bought and installed tonight.

Ses

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ses

Ses, what are you talking about?????? :Whistle:

UTX Canada v2.0 has options to install in V3 and it works. :dance: :dance:

Pierre

Pierre

So why am I being misinformed?     Why the confusion?

Are we not a little versed in this by now?

allen