Sign in to follow this  
gfd

UTX Canada v2

Maybe the installer will only present that option if P3D v3 is present in the registry? Just a thought. I do not have utx v2, I'm sticking with Orbx. Flight 1 are a day late, and more than a dollar short. They should have jumped on the LM bandwagon 2-1/2 years ago. Just my .02c.

regards, Craig.

V3 installer works without doubt

Good to know. Will be installing V3 tonight and tomorrow. 

Maybe the installer will only present that option if P3D v3 is present in the registry? Just a thought. I do not have utx v2, I'm sticking with Orbx. Flight 1 are a day late, and more than a dollar short. They should have jumped on the LM bandwagon 2-1/2 years ago. Just my .02c.

regards, Craig.

Craig,

You're right...it took a bit. However, I don't think these guys have the resources of an Orbx. I love Orbx stuff for the most part. What put me off Orbx was Vector. They made an absolute mess of the Niagara Region in Southern Ontario. Now, it's not a sexy place like SoCal; but it's my place. The Welland Canal is one of the most important commercial waterways on earth. In Vector, it's an intermittent stream running through a canyon. That's the default in P3D, but I paid nearly 100 dollars for something better in Vector.

I didn't give UTX much thought until I read a post from Richard Sennett. Thanks Rich, I owe you for that. Then I read a thread started by Sequashtoo. Looking at his shots of Southern Ontario/Western New York; I saw what I was missing.

I'll still use Orbx regions, airports, textures and landclass (if it's better than OpenLC); but I'm done with Vector. The only thing I'll use it for is elevation correction, if that's possible.

This is not meant as an Orbx vs UTX rant. I'm an Orbx believer. But not everything someone makes is going to appeal to everyone. It can't be an all or nothing proposition.

I agree with you gfd, about vector making a mess of a lot of things. As I live in BC, Orbx PNW is a no brainer for me. I have nothing against Flight 1, I always liked their work. I used to use their FEX, and GEX back when I was using FSX. Once I made the switch to P3D, my options, at the time, were very limited. I just can not justify buying UTX Canada, after dishing out for the Orbx equivalents. Pilots are under contract to Orbx up to version 1.6 of Vector, over the next 2 yrs. (I think, the exact details are eluding me.) I am holding out hope that Pilots will address Southern Ontario. Who knows, maybe Orbx will make a full scale scenery of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence corridor. There is a huge following of simmers in that part of NA, and their sales would most definitely justify their efforts.

As always, that last part is just my .02c.

Cheers, Craig.

ps, @gfd, just did a quick flight over the Welland canal with Orbx Global, OpenLC Alaska/Canada, and Vector, and it looks like a much bigger river than the default rendering. Vector requires you Global and OpenLC Canada, in order to place the correct textures and water class, that make up the canal.

Niagara falls looks pretty decent as well. Not horse shoe shaped, but the canyon, bridges, etc look good to my untrained eyes. I'm sure someone livling in the area would be able to pick out every discrepancy.

Again, Cheers, Craig.

I removed Vector about 6 months ago and haven't looked back. I bought UTX USA v2 just to try out as I wasn't too happy with vector's performance on the East Coast of NA. UTX USA was an amazing price for what you get, then with their promo price from having v1 I have since scooped up Europe and now Canada.  IMO, it's ORBX that has some catching up to do in the non FTX regions of NA and Europe. Running alongside all of the full FTX regions, UTX blends in very very well.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Ses, what are you talking about?????? :Whistle:

UTX Canada v2.0 has options to install in V3 and it works. :dance: :dance:

Pierre

Hi ..well when It installed, I only had the options of up to v2.5, so as some have already mentioned, perhaps the install manager only brings up as options, what it finds in your registry.  I don 't have v.3.0, so that I guess would explain why I didn't see it, but others who have v.3.0 installed, did.

So...that's great news for those that have v3.0!

BTW, I very much recommend UTX Canada 2...very nice....am happy to have purchased!

Ses

Good to know. Will be installing V3 tonight and tomorrow. 

Craig,

I didn't give UTX much thought until I read a post from Richard Sennett. Thanks Rich, I owe you for that. Then I read a thread started by Sequashtoo. Looking at his shots of Southern Ontario/Western New York; I saw what I was missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P3D v2.5 looks great with UTX Canada 2...so I'd imagine totally the same for v3.0!   Worth the purchase and install, but then again, any UTX product always is.. :)

regards, Craig.

I'd say that is correct from what I am reading past my post.  My UTX Canada 2 install Manager only showed up to v2.5, so I could only imagine that a v3.0 install routine was not included in the software at this time.  Glad to see that was not actually the fact....but whatever it finds installed from your Registry. 

Well, I've been flying for the afternoon, over much of Ontario and Nova Scotia...and I have to say...that if you own UTX Canada v1.0...you will most CERTAINLY want to use the coupon and pick up UTX Canada v2.0.  This was done very well,  major improvements in all areas, as well as way more coverage. Using this along with ORBX OpenLC N.A.....is a treat in P3D.

Again, much recommended to pick up.

Anyone having problems getting the installer seeing P3D V3 in Windows 10 as opposed to 8.1?

It aint seeing it although its installed

Well, I've been flying for the afternoon, over much of Ontario and Nova Scotia...and I have to say...that if you own UTX Canada v1.0...you will most CERTAINLY want to use the coupon and pick up UTX Canada v2.0.  This was done very well,  major improvements in all areas, as well as way more coverage. Using this along with ORBX OpenLC N.A.....is a treat in P3D.

Again, much recommended to pick up.

I have all the UTX's, they are all worth it. Just got the Caribbean which is great. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310