Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSGRW Facebook - some photos of the upcoming XP10 version...

For the painting component they're suggesting SyMaxx Pro, since it really does already a very nice work!

NOAA is of course great, but doesn't give you any cloud coverage above the sector altitude for the METARs... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

https://www.facebook.com/realwx/posts/832147943566110

Of course there's not much to see of FSGRW working in the 2 pictures, and the skies in the pict are painted through SMPv2, but when released we will finally be able to experiment a better cloud coverage, at various levels, and not only at those reported in the base METARs...

For stations where the local sector altitude is as low as 5000', like here at LPPT, it means that any clouds above that will never be captured... I hope FSGRW fixes this limitation, and also that it helps creating more continuity when weather updates occur.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hmm I think XPX users should also look into FSRealWX I don't know about the clouds depiction but I have tried N times with NOAA vs FSrealwx and it is similar. I did also tried it with OPusFSI demo and I felt FSrealwx was better at generating it. 

We had a massive thunderstorm here last evening massive means massive like bombardment, I fired up Xplane checked the weather with NOAA good disabled NOAA and enabled FSrealwX (it cleared the sky before injection) good.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Zulfi,

do you mean NOAA did it right but FSRealW cleared the skies instead ?

Anyway, I am yet to see any decent TS clouds depicted in XP10.... I guess I once saw something using default clouds and dataref editing, but I don't recall where / when....

The TS clouds in SMP don't look that convincing... Maybe v3 adds a more convincing graphical representation...

Main Simulation Rig:

Zulfi,

do you mean NOAA did it right but FSRealW cleared the skies instead ?

Anyway, I am yet to see any decent TS clouds depicted in XP10.... I guess I once saw something using default clouds and dataref editing, but I don't recall where / when....

The TS clouds in SMP don't look that convincing... Maybe v3 adds a more convincing graphical representation...

FSRealwx cleared the previous NOAA weather and then injected its own which turned out to be similar to NOAA .

I had great thunder during the flight.

The SMP v3 video looks nice and promising.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Of course there's not much to see of FSGRW working in the 2 pictures, and the skies in the pict are painted through SMPv2, but when released we will finally be able to experiment a better cloud coverage, at various levels, and not only at those reported in the base METARs...

That's great. Do you know how they do it? Do they use supplemental additional data on cloud coverage, or do they use some cloud coverage model depending on weather conditions?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Murmur, I recall that their FS products do use other sources of information for cloud coverage, turbulence, thunderstorms, etc...

I believe they'll use the same approach with XP10, unless X-Plane's SDK is really very limited in this area :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Could they call it XP Global Real Weather instead of "FS"? :P Leave the legacy baggage of MS™ Flight Sim©  :P 

From what I understand, the name is the same because it's the same application - it's one external application that covers FSX, P3D, and (soon) X-Plane.  Which means that if you already own FSGRW for use in FSX, you will automatically have it available for X-Plane as well.  Good value for us simmers!

The screens of FB don't show much of anything other than the UI and a few plain shots, so I'll be eager to see how it does.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.