Sign in to follow this  
addman

Who thinks Carenado will create v3 installers for their "old" P3Dv2.5 planes?

Yes, I've already left a support ticket asking them about this since several of my recent Carenado/Alabeo planes (citation II, navajo, alabeo saratoga etc.) refuses to install in v3. What worries me is the fact that Carenado/Alabeo aren't known to modify/update "old" releases or installers, not even their most recent releases. I'm not going back to 2.5 and I don't like to use third-party installations tools because they in no way guarantee compatibility and they often break the EULA. What do you think, with their track-record, will Carenado/Alabeo come out with new installers for recent releases? It would be a great dissapointment if they didn't.

Cheers!/Andreas

Regardless of what anyone of us thinks: I am in exactly the same boat as you. Would be very much welcomed if you could let us know the result of your inquiry.

If memory serves me right, they once upgraded the Alabeo C172 Cutless (which I use) to P3D2, thus there might be a glimmer of hope.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Of course they will.

Carenado are all about chasing the buck. The quality will be the same, the problems will increase, the installation will not obey L-M recommendations, but they will do it in pursuit of the almighty $.

Old installer can be forced (for exemple i have the SR22 and it work perfectly in V3) but new planes seems to ignore P3DV3 even if you change the path ...

Old installer can be forced (for exemple i have the SR22 and it work perfectly in V3) but new planes seems to ignore P3DV3 even if you change the path ...

Yup, that's what I've found as well. Older installers (c208 caravan for example) without P3Dv2 support actually work but ironically, newer ones that DO support P3Dv2 refuse to install. Big bummer!

Of course they will.

Carenado are all about happy customers. The quality will be the perfect, the problems will decrease, the installation will obey L-M recommendations, and they will do it in pursuit of happy customers.

I fixed that for you Louis   :smile:    

Like other developers,  hopefully they will release V3 installers in the coming weeks 

I fixed that for you Louis   :smile:    

Like other developers,  hopefully they will release V3 installers in the coming weeks 

Yes, "hopefully" and "optimistic" are two keywords within this context. If it's just an installer issue then it shouldn't be too much of a hassle or costly, right?

Yes, I've already left a support ticket asking them about this since several of my recent Carenado/Alabeo planes (citation II, navajo, alabeo saratoga etc.) refuses to install in v3. What worries me is the fact that Carenado/Alabeo aren't known to modify/update "old" releases or installers, not even their most recent releases. I'm not going back to 2.5 and I don't like to use third-party installations tools because they in no way guarantee compatibility and they often break the EULA. What do you think, with their track-record, will Carenado/Alabeo come out with new installers for recent releases? It would be a great dissapointment if they didn't.

Cheers!/Andreas

Why is everyone so concered with breaking EULA? Ive used the migration tool and have yet to meet a firing squad. Most companies Carenado included doesn't seem to care what sim you use it in as long as you buy the addon they are happy. The only companies that I can think of that care are PMDG,A2A,and Milviz.
  • Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I just copied the folders and gauges across to V 3.0 and my 1900 seems to be working just fine.

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

Rename your existing v3 folder to v2. Install your Carenado planes, and rename your folder back to v3. I've installed all my "new" Carenado planes like this with no problems.

Cheers!/Andreas

Carenado has stated their aircraft are compatible with P3D and someone asked about v3 and they said that was compatible too.  I installed the Phenom300 into v3.  I started up the installer, entered by license and e-mail address, and on the page for where you want to install they have an "Other" where you browse to the sim you want to install it.  I thought it did not work as there was no Phenom300 in the Airplane folder.  I then accidently found the place of installation... in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installer.  In this folder you will see everything that has to be moved over to the P3Dv3 folder - Effects/Fonts/Gauges/SimObjects/and Sound.  The main Carenado Installer folder contains the file that needs to go into your main P3D folder.  It worked for me.  Oh!  You have to enter an item in the dll.xml file too.  What didn't work was trying to do the same thing with the extension for the Phenom300, the Navigraph program. 

Moving the folders from my v2 to v3 did not completely work but I did see the entry in the dll.xml.  I also did not know they had files in the font folder.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If they don't make a P3Dv3 installer for their products, especially the later releases like the Phenom 300, then I am not buying a single Carenado product again.

Why would I buy anything from a company if they can't be bothered to do something as pathetically simplistic as updating the installer files?

They make whole aircraft models and characteristics so don't even tell me it's very hard to change an installer file so it recognizes P3Dv3 instead of / as well as v1 and v2.

I'm stunned to hear that people simply take it for granted that Carenado won't do crap and we're forced to 'jury rig' their product in order to  make them function. I understand that some have been tweaking and tinkering with the addons and mods for FSX/P3D for years and are savvy enough to make it work. However, just because you can make it work doesn't mean you should simply accept that the company decides to tell it's customers to F-off, go learn how to mod addons and do nothing to make their products actually work properly.

Absolutely disgraceful, and hopefully not the case with P3Dv3.

Again, if they don't update their installers like other serious developers, e.g. Orbx who are on the roll already, then I am not buying another bloody product from Carenado, nomatter how HD or fancy it is. Plenty of other, great developers, who deliver great airplanes without the massive unoptimized performance hits that Carenado manage to shovel out.

As prepar3d is the new standard, it would only be wise for venders to update there installers as ORBX is doing so that they can continue selling product. I just bought the C172 and have yet to try installing it as I only got V3 a few days ago but would be a shame if I cant use it anymore.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

If they don't ............. then I am not buying a single Carenado product again.

:smile: :smile:

How many times hasn't that threat been uttered in these rooms. It's like an emotionally dependent woman (or man) who can't resist going back to her abusive,  model-like husband. Wait until Carenado wave that next sexy twin prop in your face and you'll be battered again.