Sign in to follow this  
addman

Who thinks Carenado will create v3 installers for their "old" P3Dv2.5 planes?

FYI the F406 "Turbine Titan" is released and it has an option to install into v3.

• Upvote 1

Thq Jim! Got the 406 but there is the CMeteoxml.dll that crashes the sim. I needed to delete the entry in the dll.xml. So no weather radar in the 406. Anyway it is a nice plane i like it a lot :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

For some reason mine didn't try to put that in my dll.xml. I've got a CMeteoXml.dll in my root P3D v3 folder though. What does this do? I tried to put it in the dll.xml for the Navajo and the Titan in v3 but yeah, it crashed my sim too. I just removed it and I can't see where either plane is missing anything? Are you talking about ASN radar? Because the little Wx radar on the panel seems to work fine for me without it? Well I don't think it really works but I can't tell any difference with or without CMeteoXml.dll anyway.

I did a quick flight from KHIO to KRNT so far before I even installed the GTN and that's all I've had time for. Don't really have an opinion yet but it's a little faster than the Titan so that's a plus. It's definitely not the Turbine Duke though, lol.

I asked about the P3d V3 new installers to the Carenado Support :

Carenado Support, Oct 25, 12:23:

Greetings,

P3D v3 option is available from EMB505.

Regards,

Carenado.

Carenado Support, Oct 26, 12:17:

Greetings,

Every new airplane will come with the P3D v3 option and the older ones will be updated one by one starting with the G1000 fleet.

Regards,

Carenado.

Carenado Support, Oct 27, 10:28:

Greetings,

Will be on Facebook page with the new version announcement.

Regards,

Carenado.

• Upvote 1

Oh!  You have to enter an item in the dll.xml file too.

Hi Jim, what do you need to put in the dll.xml file? I managed to follow all your other steps for my Pilatus PC-12 and on the face of it it all seems to work, but I didn't change the dll.xml.

Hi Jim, what do you need to put in the dll.xml file? I managed to follow all your other steps for my Pilatus PC-12 and on the face of it it all seems to work, but I didn't change the dll.xml.

If you have the carenavigraph.dll in the main P3Dv3 folder, then the following:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Carenavigraph</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you have the carenavigraph.dll in the main P3Dv3 folder, then the following:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Carenavigraph</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Best regards,

Thanks Jim

thank you Jim Young.  I was really missing my Alabeo C172 in P3d but you've solved my problem. thanx.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Thq Jim! Got the 406 but there is the CMeteoxml.dll that crashes the sim. I needed to delete the entry in the dll.xml. So no weather radar in the 406. Anyway it is a nice plane i like it a lot :)

For some reason mine didn't try to put that in my dll.xml. I've got a CMeteoXml.dll in my root P3D v3 folder though. What does this do? I tried to put it in the dll.xml for the Navajo and the Titan in v3 but yeah, it crashed my sim too. I just removed it and I can't see where either plane is missing anything? Are you talking about ASN radar? Because the little Wx radar on the panel seems to work fine for me without it? Well I don't think it really works but I can't tell any difference with or without CMeteoXml.dll anyway.

I did a quick flight from KHIO to KRNT so far before I even installed the GTN and that's all I've had time for. Don't really have an opinion yet but it's a little faster than the Titan so that's a plus. It's definitely not the Turbine Duke though, lol.

For the CMeteoXml.dll information/fix see the following link - http://www.avsim.com/topic/479500-carenado-emb505-phenom-300-hd-series-prepar3d-v3/page-2#entry3355769

Tried it myself and it works great!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I asked the same question of Carenado.

Apparently the 2015 fleet is compatible...

•  
    December 13, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Would you have a list/spreadsheet of all of your products that have an updated installer for P3DV3?

I’ve purchased everything you (and Alabeo) have made over the years and have forsaken FSX for P3D.

It’s very nice that you are offering these upgraded packages with the V3 installers.

That kind of customer support will keep me purchasing your aircraft for years to come (along with them being pretty complete and cool!!!!)

Over at AirDailyX there is a list and it states whether these are P3DV3 compatible but not if they all have native installers for P3DV3.

This morning I went through the list and noticed that, of the aircraft I have that have been updated there is a new, shorter license key.

Is this the case with all of these aircraft with native P3DV3 installers that a new license is cut?

Thanks

• Icono_Facebook.jpg
    Carenado SupportDecember 14, 2015 18:32

Regards,

All our 2015 fleet are P3Dv3 compatible including the CT182T v2.0 and CT206H v2.0

Regards,

Carenado.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

The products are compatible it's just that they do not have an installer that will properly install the products into P3DV3.  If you follow the directions I have posted on installing in P3DV3, you'll have all of the files needed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Carenado Installer.  You just have to be an expert file manager and capable of moving the files from there into P3Dv3 and also adding the required entries into your dll.xml.  I hope they someday update the installers but right now we are left with manually installing the products.

Perhaps they do not know their installers do not work for P3Dv3 and their customers have to manually install their products. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Rename your existing v3 folder to v2. Install your Carenado planes, and rename your folder back to v3. I've installed all my "new" Carenado planes like this with no problems.

Is this still needed even with estonia migration tool active?  

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The products are compatible it's just that they do not have an installer that will properly install the products into P3DV3.  If you follow the directions I have posted on installing in P3DV3, you'll have all of the files needed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Carenado Installer.  You just have to be an expert file manager and capable of moving the files from there into P3Dv3 and also adding the required entries into your dll.xml.  I hope they someday update the installers but right now we are left with manually installing the products.

Perhaps they do not know their installers do not work for P3Dv3 and their customers have to manually install their products. 

Best regards,

I was considering purchasing Carenado products recently, but this kind of information makes me just steer clear. Flight sim already requires too much effort to maintain for your average user. No way do I want to add to this.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Is this still needed even with estonia migration tool active?

No, it's not needed.

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC