Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

found FTX Central V3

Gentlemen,

just did some trial and error with mklink lines works so far but with no sucess in terms of linking terrain.cfg.

Then installed latest orbx lib and ftx england. Still no luck to get in ftxcentral after installation.

Then i tried the ftxcentral2_setup.exe.

You can find it in "x:\p3dv3 directory\ORBX\Scripts"

if you run it you get the choice wheter to select v2 OR v3.

Now the orbx stuff runs on my v3 setup.

Feedback appreciated,

Carsten

Carsten U

It's also a rolled-out auto update from FTX Central V2 itself - picked it up last night. Just run FTX Central v2 and it will do it all for you.

The updated FTX Central 2 did come up with the dialog to select P3Dv3. I selected it and was told that it couldn't find P3Dv3. I must have done something wrong, but I can't figure out how to get that dialog again.

EDIT: I reinstalled FTX Central 2 and again selected P3Dv3. What it actually told me in a red dialog was that it could not find any ORBX products installed in the P3Dv3 folder. But there are no ORBX products available yet for P3Dv3! I guess I have to wait for the new installers.

Frans

Guest happy2

orbx just lost a cutomer

orbx just lost a cutomer

I don't understand exactly to what you answer but FYI the whole OrbX catalogue works in P3Dv3 and the P3D installers are free of charge if you already  own the FSX version.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Guest happy2

ah well as you ask .

all that extra v3 stuff will be running in the background . The prices are much higher than they were so if orbx thinks im paying 70 bucks for a reagon that isnt going to happen.

and lastly i dont like paying for a product that i cant phisicaly download and burn to a disk. its the reason i dont use steam

and why is it that devs always think every one always wants outo updates I Hate outo updates and turn them off when ever i can. they are much more likly to break the sim than improve it

all that extra v3 stuff will be running in the background

No, It's not running in the background, what made you think that ?

It's a front end to the Orbx shop and a place to download your purchases,  if you don't need to do either of those things then no need to run it, don't want updates... easy don't run it.

On the other hand next time you do a full reinstall you now have two choices, sit there all day manually installing your outdated software from FSS or let V3 do it all automatically while you get on with something more interesting.

The prices are much higher than they were so if orbx thinks im paying 70 bucks for a reagon that isnt going to happen.

Where in the world are you getting $70 from?  The regions I see are all currently 54.95 AUD, including the latest ones.  Here in the US where I'm located, that works out to $42.35 at today's exchange rate - a very fair price for the quality and breadth of the region products.

Scott

Hey Scott. How about those Cubs? I got to see them win as I was in Cleveland for Game 2 of the WS.

I'm seeing quite a few uninformed opinions in this thread.

Central V3 running in the background? $70 dollar regions?

No.

• Upvote 1

Hey Scott. How about those Cubs? I got to see them win as I was in Cleveland for Game 2 of the WS.

I'm pretty much walkin' on air.  I'm a lifelong Cub fan (64 years young), practically grew up at Wrigley back in the days of Ernie, Ron and Billy and was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get to see this in my lifetime.  I'm not ashamed to say a few tears have been shed.

I envy you the game 2 attendance.  Tried to get tickets to at least one of the 3 at Wrigley, but oh... the prices.  Even standing room was going for upwards of $1,600.

Scott

speaking of the cubs i thought this acars was amusing

Ys6FSzx.jpg

cheers

-andy crosby

speaking of the cubs i thought this acars was amusing

Awesome!  :-)

Scott

all that extra v3 stuff will be running in the background . The prices are much higher than they were so if orbx thinks im paying 70 bucks for a reagon that isnt going to happen.

can you please link  the thread or   where  ever  you got  the info  about the  $ 70   per  region or  you  just  plucking  a  number  out  of  you head  trying  to stir the  post.  As  said  in a previous post  v3  doesn't  run  in the back  ground  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg