Sign in to follow this  
snoupi37

FSX AppHangB1

Hi there,

My last succesful flight was 3 months ago. FSX ALWAYS crashes. I think it is because i'm using dozens of add-ons. I have managed to solve all my dll errors by deleting ALL the uiautomationcore.dll files (both in fsx and windows directories). But i still get an error (AppHangB1) everytime I am flying the PMDG 777, from Athens to Dubai, in the middle of the flight. I have made 3 attempts, both ended up screaming in front of my screen. Please I need your help or I will move to XPlane or P3D.

Hardware

Intel core I5 4460 @ 3.2 Ghz

GTX 960 2GB OC

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

H81M MOBO

Software

Windows 7 x64

MS FSX Gold Edition

Add-ons

Traffic X

FSUIPC

REX Plus OD

Planes

PMDG:

MD-11

JS 41

Aerosoft:

A320 Extended

Twin otter Extended

Captain Sim

Weather Radar

FSLabs Concorde

Majestic Q400

AS 787

& Many other Freeware and payware

Sceneries:

Flytampa Athens

Flytampa Dubai

Aerosoft:

Skiathos X

Kerkira X

Thessaloniki X

& Many other freeware and payware

As you can see, I spent A LOT of money in fsx, and I'm not able to enjoy it! This is stupid!

Also forgot to mention:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Hang Signature: f7fc
  Hang Type: 2048
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1032
  Additional Hang Signature 1: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89
  Additional Hang Signature 2: 5a4a
  Additional Hang Signature 3: 5a4abc001a9ebfd8c685b21ec1d2e409
  Additional Hang Signature 4: f7fc
  Additional Hang Signature 5: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89
  Additional Hang Signature 6: 5a4a
  Additional Hang Signature 7: 5a4abc001a9ebfd8c685b21ec1d2e409

The uiautomationcore.dll is a Windows system file and is required by your computer to be installed.  If you remove it, your computer will not function properly.  The uiautomationcore.dll is not required in the main fsx folder but, if you have one placed in the main FSX folder it has to be a certain version (see page 8, AVSIM CTD Guide - link to the guide is in my signature).  The guide has a link to the two versions.  The uiautomationcore.dll in your system folder belongs to Microsoft.net packages.  Microsoft.net is required for your computer to function properly.

You can try scanning your system for corrupt or missing files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

An AppHang or 'freeze' is very difficult to diagnose.  Is the freeze at the same spot or at different locations during your flight?  I had a freeze (AppHang) once between Chicago and St Louis.  Always froze at the exact same spot.  I ran Process Monitor as described on page 4 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.  It only logs fsx and fsx addons.  When it froze, I quickly terminated Process Monitor and checked the log.  When the freeze occurred, MyTrafficX 5.4c was being loaded.  So I ran the same flight with MyTrafficX disabled in the scenery.cfg.  No freezes.  The flight continued without any problems.  I ended up downgrading MyTrafficX to an earlier version and, again, no freeze.  Now I have MyTraffic6 installed and do not have the freezes anymore too.  My point is that I had to investigate the scene of the crime.  You are the only one who can investigate.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has many suggestions for investigating.

The best way to start your investigation is to move your fsx.cfg to a temp folder and try the flight again.  Don't mess with the settings.  Just do the flight.  I realize it won't be pretty.  See if the problem goes away.  If it does, then there was a problem with your fsx.cfg settings or you might have had a tweak in your config.  Tweaks are bad and they can only cause problems for most (unless you are very familiar with how computers operate). 

If it is apphang continues during the flight, then you can move the dll.xml over to a temp folder.  It will not be rebuilt but is not needed.  However, if you have something you need loaded, like a PMDG program, then you can disable just certain entries in the dll.xml (see page 3 of the AVSIM CTD Guide).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your help, Jim.

I have some important things to say. As you can realise, I am calm now. (when I posted the first post I was about to kill :P:fool: )

First of all, after restoring the uiautomationcore.dll, I had the same dll errors I was getting before removing it. (api.dll, d3d9.dll etc.)

Second, I have to say that It is crashing everywhere with every type of plane. Even with default!

Third and important, I realised that everytime FSX crashes (apphang) REX also crashes, and especially on weather injection phase! Now I switched the REX weather engine to WX plus mode, hoping not to crash again.

Also, very important: This error appeared this week (after the uiautomation "fix"), and oh my god, last weekend I have upgraded my GPU. (R7 240 -> GTX 960). Furthermore, my power supply is a bit noisy after the upgrade, especially when I play FSX. (500w, enough but CHEAP PSU).

I hope the problem was the wx engine and not the hardware. What's your opinion?

Thanks, Jim

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Greece.

A faulty PSU can cause crashes especially when running FSX as there are many resources placed on your CPU, GPU, and memory (as well as the MB).  If the PSU is faulty, then your app will crash.  I am not sure what the minimum requirements are for a PSU for FSX but I have an 850W PSU in mine.  The following link might be of interest:  http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/powersupplysysteminstability.aspx

Of course, a voltage setting in your BIOS can cause a crash like this too.  Too high or too low CPU voltages can cause a crash.  Things go back to normal after the crash.

Make sure at least that the fan in your PSU is working.  Sometimes it gets dirty and dirt might make it run slower or not at all.  Maybe time to get a new one.  There are many on sale like the following one from Corsair for only $60 (750W) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139112.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks. It seems that the problem was fixed after the replace of the fsx.cfg and the weather engine change. However, if the problem persists on long haul flights, I will test my pc with a friend's 800 w psu. Again, many thanks Jim, you are a genius!

Another B1 Hang, this time 10 minutes after TO, and sometimes random textures just dissapear. I am about to explode. =@

EDIT: Added HIGHMEMFIX & AffinityMask tweak, fingers crossed.

Another B1 Hang, about to explode. =@

EDIT: Added AffinityMask tweak

And It worked

May I ask how did you do affinitymask tweak? What is affinitymask and where can I find it in FSX please?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

May I ask how did you do affinitymask tweak? What is affinitymask and where can I find it in FSX please?

Thanks,

Aharon

SteveW is one of the experts here regarding the employment of the AffinityMask tweak.  It comes under [Job Scheduler] (which is NOT in your default config).  Perhaps the following link will help - http://www.avsim.com/topic/444793-one-tweak-to-rule-them-all-how-to-set-affinity-mask-correctly/.

EDIT: Added HIGHMEMFIX

This is actually not a tweak but an fsx fix.  Microsoft forgot to put it into Acceleration/SP2 when those updates were released.

AppHang occur frequently and most likely a cause external to FSX.  They do not happen all of the time.  In the Event Viewer, you might want to look at other issues that are creating a critical error or a warning.  See page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) for information on how to look at your Event Viewer properly.  Hopefully the problem is fixed with the input of the highmemfix=1 fix.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim!!

Great to hear from you!!

I am wondering why my FSX.cfg does not have the following lines:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

and will adding those lines to my FSX.cfg solve the problem the same way it did for this original poster of this thread?

And my humblest apologies to everybody for bringing up this old thread.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

and will adding those lines to my FSX.cfg solve the problem the same way it did for this original poster of this thread?

I do not believe in this tweak (or any tweak).  The real tweak is "tweaking" your settings and "tweaking" your computer system so it is running well.

The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link in my signature) are my FSX settings and tweak recommendations.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ahhhh Jim

Thanks for great help and reply!!! So it is just tweak, not fix or solution to "Problem Event Name: AppHangB1." freeze problem.

Thanks Much appreciated for your kind help as always and please continue enjoying my screenshots.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

not fix or solution to "Problem Event Name: AppHangB1." freeze problem.

Definitely not a fix for the AppHangB1 "Unknown Module" Freeze.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has some suggestions that I picked up from AVSIM Forums and other flight simulator websites but it is pretty much a hit or miss solution.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM