Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

The current version has a confirmed bug where this can happen, please check the support forum for a workaround until a fix is released.

If you are running large amount of AI, it might ne wise to also turn of the "Background ATC chatter". Otherwise you will not get a change to proadcast as the frequency is almost always blocked.

If these don'twork out, please post a log on the support forum.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up.  I hope this is addressed quickly.  That is a MAJOR bug as far as I am concerned.   I am using Pro ATC X because VoxATC isn't working right now and it can handle large amounts of traffic without jamming and controls all of the traffic on the ground too with proper hold short calls for crossing runways, holding for traffic and the like and uses proper FAA terminology.   If I have to cripple Pro ATC X to get it to work right that really makes my wallet fly out of my pocket and smack in the face and ask me why I dropped almost 60 bucks on a crippled program.   I shall have faith it will be addressed quickly.   I like large amounts of traffic.  I like hearing all that traffic going about it's business while I wait my turn.  I shouldn't have to turn off anything.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for the heads up.  I hope this is addressed quickly.  That is a MAJOR bug as far as I am concerned.   I am using Pro ATC X because VoxATC isn't working right now and it can handle large amounts of traffic without jamming and controls all of the traffic on the ground too with proper hold short calls for crossing runways, holding for traffic and the like and uses proper FAA terminology.   If I have to cripple Pro ATC X to get it to work right that really makes my wallet fly out of my pocket and smack in the face and ask me why I dropped almost 60 bucks on a crippled program.   I shall have faith it will be addressed quickly.   I like large amounts of traffic.  I like hearing all that traffic going about it's business while I wait my turn.  I shouldn't have to turn off anything.

Quite harsh words, but let's see (FWIW if you hit the bug mentioned, you can get around it by selecting "say again")

VoxATC and ProATC are like A320 and B737. Both try to do the same thing, but in a very different way. What works in one, doesn't work in the other. If you thought that ProATC the P3D version of VoxATC, then you have been misguided. VoxATC has it's good parts and so does ProATC.

You will not get ProATC to handle the amount traffic VoxATC handles. Why? Because VoxATC generates it's own traffic and can therefore handle it completely and will be able to remove conflicting traffic. ProATC doesn't generate the AI traffic so it has limited control over the AI => can't handle the same amount of AI.

VoxATC is a great program, but there are a few things that ProATC does that I wished VoxATC would have:

- intersection takeoffs

- terrain avoidance

- missed approaches

- correct transition levels

- adding realistic holds (scheduled for the next version)

- importing real world flight plans

- more realistic voices by default

- configurable descent profiles

- configurable tailwind limits

- flight following from a map

- less frequency ping-pong

- editing airports (closing/opening runway for takeoff/landing)

Having said that, here are VoxATC features I wished ProATC had:

- AI generation for better control

- support for hold shorts on runway crossings

- More complete phraseology (I would prefer ICAO, but could live with FAA)

- voice interaction

So what I'm saying is that if you try to use ProATC just like you used VoxATC, then you will miss the good parts.

Edited by Jarkko

Quite harsh words, but let's see (FWIW if you hit the bug mentioned, you can get around it by selecting "say again")

VoxATC and ProATC are like A320 and B737. Both try to do the same thing, but in a very different way. What works in one, doesn't work in the other. If you thought that ProATC the P3D version of VoxATC, then you have been misguided. VoxATC has it's good parts and so does ProATC.

You will not get ProATC to handle the amount traffic VoxATC handles. Why? Because VoxATC generates it's own traffic and can therefore handle it completely and will be able to remove conflicting traffic. ProATC doesn't generate the AI traffic so it has limited control over the AI => can't handle the same amount of AI.

VoxATC is a great program, but there are a few things that ProATC does that I wished VoxATC would have:

- intersection takeoffs

- terrain avoidance

- missed approaches

- correct transition levels

- adding realistic holds (scheduled for the next version)

- importing real world flight plans

- more realistic voices by default

- configurable descent profiles

- configurable tailwind limits

- flight following from a map

- less frequency ping-pong

- editing airports (closing/opening runway for takeoff/landing)

Having said that, here are VoxATC features I wished ProATC had:

- AI generation for better control

- support for hold shorts on runway crossings

- More complete phraseology (I would prefer ICAO, but could live with FAA)

- voice interaction

So what I'm saying is that if you try to use ProATC just like you used VoxATC, then you will miss the good parts.

No, I can't get around it by using Say Again.  The com deck BEEEEEEEPs because it's jammed by the software.   It no longer works.   You can't switch frequencies and come back to it either.  It remains jammed open permanently and that was even after doing some of the suggested tweaks before I even made this post like setting communications to be handled by the program itself rather than waiting on me to push buttons.    

Pro ATC X has many amazing features.  Not arguing those.   In fact, if PRO ATC moved to Voice Recognition and pulled in the elements that make VoxATC more appealing to me, oh yeah I'd use it all the time.   The moving map feature alone is amazingly useful but having to worry if my flight is going to be ruined by a radio deck jamming because the program gets out of sync is irritating, especially for the price tag associated with this program.

Harsh, yes.   I am a consumer, spending gobs on a program.  I expect what I consider to be a Basic feature to work right out of the box.   Let me say, I don't hate Pro ATC.  In the short time I  have used it I love it's many features.   The moving map, the flight planning system (I stopped using PFPX's outputted plans and started using Pro ATC) and the handling of SID/STAR approaches natively.  The real audio voices are nice (some could be done a little better).    The few things it gets right up in the air are tarnished though to me by it's failing to use proper phraseology.  The first time the controller told me to climb to  FLIGHT LEVEL 110 I was like.. what?   It's One, One Thousand feet.  No Flight Level calls below 18000.  And it refuses to ID 80% of the airline companies in calls which is very annoying to me.   

Pro ATC X and VoxATC need to marry and have a baby and I'll be happy.  lol.   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Can you please post a log on the support forum. Doesn't sound right that everything gets blocked.

The first time the controller told me to climb to  FLIGHT LEVEL 110 I was like.. what?   It's One, One Thousand feet.  No Flight Level calls below 18000.

Good that you mentioned it. Where I live, flight levels start from 5000ft up so FL110 is completely normal to me. I have to go and test if this problem happens with all voice set in the US.

The radio glitch I found was caused by my own imported ATC wav files, Pro ATC requires them to be edited down into small (10/15 second) chunks. I imported some great Irish ATC for EIDW, but couldn't get any landing instructions!! :wink:. Apart from that (my own mistake) I'm now using it in P3D v3 with no problems apart from holding no longer appears to function, but that's being fixed as we speak. Here's my last livestream using PATC in P3D v3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Can you please post a log on the support forum. Doesn't sound right that everything gets blocked.

Good that you mentioned it. Where I live, flight levels start from 5000ft up so FL110 is completely normal to me. I have to go and test if this problem happens with all voice set in the US.

Yeah, I had a feeling Pro ATC X was following Euro rules.  In the US "Flight Level xxxx" call outs do not begin until 18000 feet.      Flight Level 180+    Anything under that and the correct call out is    One, xxxxx feet.     So 12000 feet is pronounced   One, Two thousand feet.    They don't say twelve thousand feet or Flight Level 120.    I'll post my logs and stuff over there.  The radio block problem doesn't happen all the time but enough to be an annoyance on heavy traffic flights.   Liking it a lot so far, just missing a few things I miss from VoxATC and this bug.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Kuraigman is correct that in the US Flight levels start above 18000. But in Proatcx defense it is more suited for European atc rather then US. I'm not sure if it takes into account different transition levels like RC4 would, Jako could probably answer that.

I know they are working on that and as I own both RC4 and PATCx I use RC4 in the US.

I hope they make it more US compatible.

Sean Green

Yeah, I had a feeling Pro ATC X was following Euro rules.  In the US "Flight Level xxxx" call outs do not begin until 18000 feet.

I'm not sure if it takes into account different transition levels like RC4 would, Jako could probably answer that.

Yes, ProATC is aware of the flight levels in the US. ProATC extracts the correct transition levels from the AIRAC automatically. You can even see the transition levels on the moving map. This to me sounds like an audio problem that we have missed during testing. Most of the test team is from Europe. so things like this don't "scream at you" like they would if you would fly exclusively in the US.

The audio/phraseology is scheduled for a review because ProATC still uses the same voice sets that it did back in version 1.2. The current version 1.7 is much more advanced than 1.2 and getting more and more advanced each release. This is why ProATC would benefit from larger "vocabulary" than is available in the voice sets.

Yes, ProATC is aware of the flight levels in the US. ProATC extracts the correct transition levels from the AIRAC automatically. You can even see the transition levels on the moving map. This to me sounds like an audio problem that we have missed during testing. Most of the test team is from Europe. so things like this don't "scream at you" like they would if you would fly exclusively in the US.

The audio/phraseology is scheduled for a review because ProATC still uses the same voice sets that it did back in version 1.2. The current version 1.7 is much more advanced than 1.2 and getting more and more advanced each release. This is why ProATC would benefit from larger "vocabulary" than is available in the voice sets.

Oh speaking of;  I used the voice set creator tool and read everything in that program and it uploaded successfully to where ever it was suppose to go but I think I am a little confused.  It said that the Pro ATC team adds the radio distortion and prepars the ZLP file for download?   Am I missing something?   I want to hear my beautiful voice as the PIC with using Pro ATC X.  How does one get their voice set ready for import?   Did I miss a step?

100454.png

Brian Navy

Oh speaking of;  I used the voice set creator tool and read everything in that program and it uploaded successfully to where ever it was suppose to go but I think I am a little confused.  It said that the Pro ATC team adds the radio distortion and prepars the ZLP file for download?   Am I missing something?   I want to hear my beautiful voice as the PIC with using Pro ATC X.  How does one get their voice set ready for import?   Did I miss a step?

First things first: it can take days or weeks to create a voice set from the recordings. AFAIK first order of business is quality control. If the voice set quality isn't up to par, the voice set might not be created (because it takes time away from feature development/bug fixing).

If you had asked, if it's worth recording a voice set at the moment, I would have said: absolutely not. Like I mentioned, the voice sets are scheduled for big changes => existing voice sets will be deprecated.

HI ... I have just updated to Pro-ATC-X v1.7.2 and set up the folder locations for P3D but after setting up flightplan etc and click Fly now I get the error message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO FSX" even though i'm only running P3D.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

HI ... I have just updated to Pro-ATC-X v1.7.2 and set up the folder locations for P3D but after setting up flightplan etc and click Fly now I get the error message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO FSX" even though i'm only running P3D.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Did you switch to Prepar3D in the settings?

Go to the options, on the first page you have to click if you are using FSX or P3D. I think, FSX is the standard selection, so make sure you changed it.

Matthias

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

In the Application Option do you have P3D selected? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Did you switch to Prepar3D in the settings?

Go to the options, on the first page you have to click if you are using FSX or P3D. I think, FSX is the standard selection, so make sure you changed it.

Matthias

Yes I switched all the settings in Options 

Thanks

In the Application Option do you have P3D selected? 

Yes have P3D selected