Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

Yes I switched all the settings in Options 

Thanks

Yes have P3D selected

Post your problem on their forum. http://pointsoftware.de/forum

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Hi all, intreasting reading.  Im about 95% there about ordering this.

How does it handle Uncontrolled Airports??

Can i start or finish a flight plan from an uncontrolled airport??

Thank You.

Neil

Hi all, intreasting reading.  Im about 95% there about ordering this.

How does it handle Uncontrolled Airports??

Can i start or finish a flight plan from an uncontrolled airport??

Thank You.

Neil

Yes.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Disappointing that there's no trial or demo for this. 

I can't really risk £40 without knowing whether it's what I want or not.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

There's a lot of videos on youtube if you want to get an idea of it's capabilities.

But I agree, a trial would be nice.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

There's a lot of videos on youtube if you want to get an idea of it's capabilities.

I bought Pro ATC X about a year ago, as soon as I got P3D. Best investment I ever made. 

Yes, I've looked at umpteen videos of it. Which is why I would be interested in buying it.

But ATC is a bit like different types of scenery; you don't know whether you will actually like it until you sample it first hand on your own screen. I remember when I first thought about Orbx.....I wouldn't have used it at all were it for the fact that I could download and use a demo. They've had several hundred quids worth of my custom as a result.

Can't imagine I'm alone in this and that the devs are missing out here. 

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

I bought Pro ATC X about a year ago, as soon as I got P3D. Best investment I ever made. 

Yep, I'm very happy with it too. I'm not a hardcore simmer by any means. I don't do any online gaming whatsoever (partly because of a below par internet connection and partly because I don't like speaking to a computer :lol: ) so the fact that this is worked by key commands suits me down to the ground. Yes, it has some bugs that need to be fixed (some of them pretty important ones like not using real world call signs, being vectored during cruise sometimes and background chatter coming from 1000s of miles away) but Point Software seem to be doing a very good job at ironing these problems out over the last couple of years and I'm sure they'll keep up the good work. It's also very simple to use and works flawlessly with flightplans exported from PFPX which is pretty much essential for me.

It also seems the community on their forums have made voice packs for different regions which can also be used. I haven't really looked into this so I don't know how easy/hard it is to edit the sound files but most of the responses to these "mods" look like they work really well.

Yes, I've looked at umpteen videos of it. Which is why I would be interested in buying it.

But ATC is a bit like different types of scenery; you don't know whether you will actually like it until you sample it first hand on your own screen. I remember when I first thought about Orbx.....I wouldn't have used it at all were it for the fact that I could download and use a demo. They've had several hundred quids worth of my custom as a result.

Can't imagine I'm alone in this and that the devs are missing out here. 

You're definitely not alone. Like I said, a trial would be nice. Personally I just took the plunge after watching some videos as the features it has suited me more than any of the alternatives.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I've been interested in getting Pro ATC X as well, but one simple fact has stopped me:

The last update was 9 months ago. 

That's right - 9 months.

If the developer is serious about keeping the product current and implemeting important features then he should be issuing updates much more frequently than this.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to risk over 50 dollars until the developer proves to me that he is serious about fixing the bugs and adding promised features.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

It's True.. I bough Pro ATC X at 9 months ago and until now I am waiting a update. :Hmmmph:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I agree, there have been very long pauses between updates but the last one was a big step forward, eventually. I hope the next will be too. Unfortunately, as I think I have read somwhere, the next update will not come so soon, maybe end of this year.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Bob, didn't you get a complimentary copy as a beta tester?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I agree, there have been very long pauses between updates but the last one was a big step forward, eventually. I hope the next will be too. Unfortunately, as I think I have read somwhere, the next update will not come so soon, maybe end of this year.

The updates are once a year. Major one coming up this fall, with many improvements. The beta testing is very good with this product, and fixes are being made, and then extensively tested . No rush job, but when it is done, you won't have to worry about things not working as they should. 

Bob, didn't you get a complimentary copy as a beta tester?

I purchased mine prior to becoming a beta tester. 

I've been interested in getting Pro ATC X as well, but one simple fact has stopped me:

The last update was 9 months ago. 

That's right - 9 months.

If the developer is serious about keeping the product current and implemeting important features then he should be issuing updates much more frequently than this.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to risk over 50 dollars until the developer proves to me that he is serious about fixing the bugs and adding promised features.

This.   I don't like slamming any product from a small developer, but there is a degree of reasonable responsiveness which is expected of any vendor.   Pro ATC has a fairly significant bug which, when flying without co pilot assistance, can cause communications with Control to time out and be unusable for the remainder of the flight.   The developer's response to this was along the lines of, "To avoid this, always use the 'copilot tunes radios' and 'copilot acknowledges' settings.   This is something we didn't catch in testing because we all fly with copilot automation.  It will be fixed in our next release."

(I apologize, their forum is down right now, ironically, so I cannot get a verbatim quote.  I believe this is a fair summary, though.)

Now, bear in mind, as I recall, this information is only found on their forum and only in a section which requires manual authorization via proof of purchase -- in other words, you don't even know about this until you've purchased the product.

(I believe these statements are correct.  I went to their forum to verify this, but, as I said, it is down.  If I am incorrect I will edit this to remove any untrue statements.)

This has been the case for, what is it, 9 months?  That's upsetting.  And it's not the only problem.  There's also an issue with tuning radios via external hardware not being picked up by the application in some cases which has hardly even been acknowledged.   If you try to fly from an airport with no gates, you get an error and cannot proceed.  Etc.

Compare this to a less glamorous product -- Pro Flight Emulator 3 -- which has had the latest version updated 11 times since its release in February, including point releases for single isssues like:

FIXED a minor problem that could cause PF3 to shutdown under certain circumstance when calculating step climbs - apologies for the additional release so soon after the previous one, but PF3 is a work-in-progress project so feature updates and/or maintenance updates will be fairly frequent.

That's customer service.

Pro ATC is a very promising product, which could have some very nice functionality to it, but until there is a better commitment to updates from the developer it's hardly more than expensive abandonware.