Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

Now this has my interest, I would love to see a screenshot of the ATC info on the moving map, this feature may be all I need.

A few disclaimers before I explain the moving map:

1) Text version of the ATC clearance is currently always displayed on the sim's green bar. Based on your request, I'm going to suggest to the developer, that there would be a new option to not display the green bar.

2) The picture below is from a very old version (1.2 beta if I remember correctly). Moving map has been enhanced since, but the old picture contains the info I was referring to (this was the only screenshot I could find in a hurry).

MovingMap.jpg

The info I was talking about, is on the middle, left hand side (Inflight-info, just below the second "Current Weather" button). It contains the current ATC frequency, heading to fly (while vectoring), assigned altitude.

Other useful pieces of info are the origin and destination weather, Assigned departures, arrivals and approaches are also shown on the moving map.

Edited by Jarkko

As Jarrko has said his screen shot is from an older release. V1.7 shows more data and also in a clearer format.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

If you arrive via the ROUKA1A as an example  you would pick up the ROKUP transition which then takes you nicely into rwy27. it's all in the AIRAC  data.

@NyxxUK: Just in case you do not have access to ProATC, here are the waypoints ProATC would expect you to pass in transition between STAR exit and ILS27 approach in the EGNX case:

EGNX.jpg

The picture shows, that you would exit ROKUP at 8000ft. You would then fly the transition as instructed in the plates. The last transition waypoint (D116X in ProATC database) should be crossed at or above 3000ft.

What is neat about this program is that you can go into data and then look up any star and sid for any airport and  runway, and all the transitions, approaches, and altitude constraints are listed, and this is all pulled from the Airac data which of course is real world. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The picture shows, that you would exit ROKUP at 8000ft.

You would then fly the transition as instructed in the plates. The last transition waypoint (D116X in ProATC database) should be crossed at or above 3000ft.

Something odd -- I see the picture you posted showing 18000 at ROKUP and 13000A at D116X! Much too high!

Ah, ouch, at higher magification, I see the leading 1's are actually ! (exclamation) marks! I sincerely hope those are removed in the current release -- I'll never be able to distinguish them whilst flying, with the display on a small screen on the wall of my cockpit!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

What is neat about this program is that you can go into data and then look up any star and sid for any airport and  runway, and all the transitions, approaches, and altitude constraints are listed, and this is all pulled from the Airac data which of course is real world. 

..and it works with Navigraph and NavDataPro

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Ah, ouch, at higher magification, I see the leading 1's are actually ! (exclamation) marks! I sincerely hope those are removed in the current release 

Hello Pete!

Yes, they are exclamation points :) As the exclamation points (indicating "at" altitude restriction) are in the 1.7 release, I will pass your good point to the developer.

Yes, it will be removed in one of the next updates.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

@ Jarkko

Thank you for taking the time to post that. Interesting.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been using the product for South African routes with little success (ATC loosing contact,etc). It always seemed to me like a product which was more suited to European airspace. With the update the application works perfectly for my part of the world! Well done to the developers.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I successfully completed my first flight with the new updated version of ProATC yesterday. My flight was from San Diego (KSAN) to Phoenix (KPHX). I was successfully vectored to runway 26 for an ILS landing.

Prior to the update, I was never able to complete this same flight path using ProATC.

So far, this update looks great......and I will be doing more flights to other airports, however I'm excited about the prospect that this software may have turned a big corner!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Are there any plans to have the text output able to be displayed on a networked machine ?

RC4 and PFE can do this and it is nicer than cluttering up the main Sim display with text.

I haven't tested this yet, but it seems that the requested feature is already supported but in a bit different manner. Have a look here:

ControllerText.jpg

At the left bottom, you should be able to set the Controller In-sim text to None. Once again I haven't tested this yet, but at the moment it would look good.

The difference is, that you wouldn't see the text on the laptop/networked computer like you would, when using WideFS. You would check the ATC instructions from the ProATC's moving map.

I haven't tested this yet, but it seems that the requested feature is already supported but in a bit different manner. Have a look here:

ControllerText.jpg

At the left bottom, you should be able to set the Controller In-sim text to None. Once again I haven't tested this yet, but at the moment it would look good.

The difference is, that you wouldn't see the text on the laptop/networked computer like you would, when using WideFS. You would check the ATC instructions from the ProATC's moving map.

Thanks Jarkko, I will try that.

I bought ProATC/X yesterday and so far it seems that this program is moving in the right direction.

Hopefully at some point the author will write a menu display utility similar to Showtext for those of who network our ATC.

One other thing that would be really nice is consistency of keypresses on the onscreen menu, at the moment they change around ie to acknowledge a request can be either 2 or  3 which makes voice control of the program hard to implement.

Liking it so far though.

Pre Purchase question.

Is ProATC/X working with P3Dv3 ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Pre Purchase question.

Is ProATC/X working with P3Dv3 ?

Yes.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ