Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

OPUS Web Site Down?

I have been trying to fly with OpusFSI all day, and the program goes into "demo" mode as soon as P3D v2.5 is started. 

When I try to access the web site at http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/ I get an error "Unable to access the Network - access denied".

Anybody else having this problem. I am running OpusFSI 4.6.

Thanks!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

The web site is working just fine.

If you were running OpusFSI Beta Version 4.62.0 then download and upgrade to OpusFSI Beta Version 4.62.1 (just posted) and follow the instructions in the forum Announcements to set up your OpusPDK Interface.

If the program runs in Demo made then you should check your FSISERVER.log file for details. The log file normally says why the licence checks have failed.

Internet access is essential for the FSISERVER program so make sure you have NO Anti virus programs active, are not blocking the FSISERVER program, and that your OpusFSI.DLL file is up to date (see the DLLs date/time reported in the FSISERVER.log file).

Stephen :-)

Thanks, Stephen.

It turns out that my Avast scanner all of a sudden thought you were bad guys. 

Crazy Russians...

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi Stephen, 

Sorry for being daft, but I cannot get Avast to recognize your site as a "good guy". I have http:\\www.opussoftware.co.uk* in my exclusion list, etc, etc, etc, but I still cannot get OpusFSI out of Demo mode. 

Is this something you have seen before? I can temporarily disable Avast and everything works as expected, so it is some kind of interaction between the Opus and Avast. What is weird is that I get a green "Unlimited Usage" up until I un-pause P3D v2.5 so there is an access from an Opus component that I have not detected? (Avast logs are remarkably content-free...).

This conflict came in from out of the blue, as everything worked up until last weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot remember any specific "event" that triggered the change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your patience, Stephen.

John

John Howell

Hi John

Have you also included the OpusFSI program and folder in the exceptions list? This may still not work.

We always recommend disabling any anti virus software since it has an adverse affect on the sim's performance.

Cheryl

Thank you, Cheryl - I guess I will have to run "unprotected" while flying.

Exclusions always worked before, but you know how that goes - one random update can take out a lot of "what used to work".

Thanks again!

John Howell