Sign in to follow this  
Buddy125

Things that don't work in Prepar3d v3

The Landing lights on the 777 don't light up on the ground when on.

The taki lights or landing lights don't light up on the ground when in VC.

Peter Smeal

All working here ... can upload a video if you like, just finished a test flight in the PMDG 777 at AYPY ... silly question, but are you sure you check the option to illuminate ground in P3D Options?

FSUIPC doesn't control aircraft lights.

Cheers, Rob.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have the same issue with the landing lights.

Not sure if its just a problem with my system but If you start the simulator during the daytime then during that session fly into the night or just change the time to night you have no lights.

Now if you start the sim at night the lights work even if you switch to day then back to night.  

So for now if I'm flying PMDG I just start at night load up my situation then switch to the proper time I want to fly.  The lights will work from then on.

Sean

Sean Green

I have the same issue with the landing lights.

Not sure if its just a problem with my system but If you start the simulator during the daytime then during that session fly into the night or just change the time to night you have no lights.

Now if you start the sim at night the lights work even if you switch to day then back to night.  

So for now if I'm flying PMDG I just start at night load up my situation then switch to the proper time I want to fly.  The lights will work from then on.

Sean

I just tested this and you are correct, although the NGX lights are very dim, you can only just see them.

Has somone lodged a PMDG ticket on this?

I also have this issue. I was flying from MROC-KEWR upon landing at KEWR I saw no lights on the runway. No landing, Taxi, or strobe lights. 

I just tested this and you are correct, although the NGX lights are very dim, you can only just see them.

Has somone lodged a PMDG ticket on this?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I submitted a ticket on this and Paul advised they are working it with LM. Seems like a head scratcher (my words).

Dan Downs KCRP

Very weird, especially because I took off on a foggy morning and the lights where clearly visible on the ground because of the fog. But when it turned into night I had no lights what so ever. 

I tried the putting the scenario on a night start and then I did a time preview and the lights now work at night as well. I just changed the time and date after testing and its all working. 

Signature.png

Yup, same here. Start daytime no light splash. Start nighttime and lights work, even if you change to day, save and reload. Foggy dusk an dawn are just variations on daytime. Like I said, work in progress.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you folks correct the lights entries errors listed in the ContentError log?  That's the only thing I can think of that might be different between why they work for me and not "some" others.

Cheers, Rob.

Here's a quick video from EDBC with working landing lights ... another idea is perhaps it's a Mesh issue?  Or maybe an invisible runway layer that's hiding the lights from display?  Does the issue happen at all airports of just certain airports?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, when you started that scenario was it day time? Or did you start it at night/dusk? 

For me Its when I start a scenario in the day time, and it becomes night because of the travel time. 

I am confused on the content error log? I have seen it but there has been no mention of light issues on that one. Can you do in depth on that fix? 

Thanks 

Update, I just landed in KEWR using Drzweicki NY Airports X, which is where I had landed the last night when I noticed the lights not working. I saw the old runway popping out as I was on short final which might be an indication of a scenery issue which also might be an indication of the landing lights not working. The weird thing is that even tho I just noticed that when I did the time preview after loading the flight at night time this morning it was at the exact same airport. So it might be an issue but again it might not be.

Signature.png

I come back with no solution. 

I thought it was the layer of the scenery I was using but I just tried doing a clean start on KJFK FSDT V2 and the problem persist. I started the scenario on day time then changed the time to night and turned on all the lights on the NGX and I got no lights on the ground I could see the lights on the the aircraft as I switched them on and off but not actual lights on the ground. 

Also I checked the content log. No mention of any lights or anything to do with the PMDG NGX here's the log 

Couldn't find an attach button. 

Signature.png

I started at Dusk in that video ... but ... I was able to reproduce the issue at Flightbeam KDEN in the 777 not the 737 ... oddly just KDEN so far (KSFO was fine).  So I am puzzled with this one.

Yeah, don't think it's anything in the ErrorContent.log.

I wish I could consistently replicate it, but no luck.

Cheers, Rob.