Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Night Environment NEXM - Prepar3D v3.x Update!

Night Environment X Manager (NEXM) v1.2 Update

with the release of Prepar3D we are updating NEXM with support for the new Sim Platform

please follow these instructions to update your Night Environment X Manager to support the latest Prepar3D v3.x

complete instruction and files posted here

Santa Monica overlooking KLAX, Night Environment California in Prepar3D v3.0

1_P3D_Tess_Off.jpg.041c0ba56a474650e173b

Great news. I really hope that the tessalation and HDR issues with Night Environment in P3D are long gone now with the release of V3.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

these issues are a thing of the past with Prepar3D v3.0 :smile:

in the first picture you see default Prepar3D out of the box with Night Environment,
tessellation and HDR switched off

the guys at LM did a fantastic job with Prepar3D v3.0
i haven't gotten much time yet to play around with all the updated features,
i did notice they added a new section under HDR settings now allows you to adjust bloom, saturation, and brightness effects directly from the configuration panel,

HDR.jpg.e431b32824949f000fa3a199a13fc437

in this pic i was just playing with the slider settings arbitrarily for the demonstration

2015-10-5_1-9-42-290.jpg.ca14fe19a6d6012

Is the update included in the installer?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

the update is for NEXM only!

if you removed Prepar3D v2.x; the current installer will complain that it can’t find P3D directory

then ask you to manually point it to it, you point it to the new Prepar3D v3.0 directory instead,

full instructions are posted here :rolleyes:

While I love the idea of pretty night lighting,this is a perfect example of how sucky advertising can screw up a a perfectly good product. The idea of using script. It is very hard to read script; script, except in an avert of maybe three words is totally counterproductive to the notion of trying to sell something of any technical nature.

Just my humble opinion,

Regards to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Great stuff Chris - thanks!

Looks great Chris.

Any news on further 1.7 updates ( I live in the Netherlands... ) ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

thanks guys,

@Gerard

v1.8 update (free to existing) is still few months ahead of us,

we are about half way through rolling out v1.7 update,

these issues are a thing of the past with Prepar3D v3.0 :smile:

in the first picture you see default Prepar3D out of the box with Night Environment,

tessellation and HDR switched off

the guys at LM did a fantastic job with Prepar3D v3.0

i haven't gotten much time yet to play around with all the updated features,

i did notice they added a new section under HDR settings now allows you to adjust bloom, saturation, and brightness effects directly from the configuration panel,

in this pic i was just playing with the slider settings arbitrarily for the demonstration

Great news for us who still want to use HDR!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I installed V1.6 for P3D v2.x and then moved the folders over to P3D V3. I got the Dubai to work in P3D..but not CA. Not sure why

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,
please read the instruction i posted on our support forums carefully,
if you still can’t get it to work please open a thread in the appropriate support section; with description of what you did so far,
I’ll chime in to help you out with this,