Cattura_01.JPG

Cattura_02.JPG

Cattura_03.JPG

Cattura_04.JPG

• Upvote 2

Outstanding!

Thank you so much!!!!

parsec

Can´t wait for this to release! Did a couple of flights in "the other MD-80" for X-Plane last night, and coming from the FlyTheMaddog MD-80 for FSX, it´s not far from a toy in comparison. By the looks of it, this one is the one to buy:D 

Judging by the content of the last posts, it's not a stretch to assume a 2016 release? :)

Thank you very much Kristoffer!

Yes, our plane was created with a totally different philosophy, not to be built in a hurry just to hit the market, that's the reason of a longer development time.

Now I'm working on the terrain radar, after that I'll come back to the MCDU systems (last big step, hurrah!!!).

@Katice: absolutely yes, I can't afford to further postpone the release!  :blush:

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

A little preview of the terrain radar work-in-progress:

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 19.36.49.jpg

Elevations not yet considered, actually I'm working mainly to the terrain engine in order to understand which is the best way to map the area.

Please remember that the terrain radar is not a device originally meant to be high def/high res as we intend today, so a low/medium res could be accepted.

Actually available ranges are 10, 20, 40 and 80nm... I'm sure that further improvements are doable but I always write my code thinking at overall performances, so if I'll introduce some lags because a range extension to 160nm or a better display resolution I'll do a step back immediately.

• Upvote 2

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Just completed the external lights, all of them are custom.

Understand the logic behind the lights subsystem built into X-Plane in order to create custom lights is a PITA, guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

Two shots taken quickly, custom lights only HDR on.

Cattura.JPG

Cattura_01.JPG

• Upvote 1

Wow, I know of one plane in my x-plane hangar that will never fly again once this is released.  Please tell me you can properly fill the wing tanks before the center tank.  Judging by one of the screen shots you can!

• Upvote 1

Ryan

Yes, center tank can't be filled if wing tanks are empty (and this is not enough!  :wink: )!!!

Work with lights proceed, this time concerns the cockpit:

here you can see some screenshots regarding pilot and copilot fluorescent lights only, pilot and copilot incandescent lights only, all flood lights but the cockpit flood and alternate thunderstorm,

and last but not the least flood lights pilot + copilot + pedestal + central instrument panel + overhead.

As the spill lights are somewhat ‘heavy’ with the frame rate we’re still working about their optimization in order to keep the frame rate as high as possible.

Fluorescent.JPG

Incandescent.JPG

All.JPG

All_01.JPG

Flood.JPG

• Upvote 6

Oh my God!

This thing is getting better and better!

I just can't wait!

Thanks for your work, and looking forward to seeing pretty soon here!

External night screenshots with fully lit cockpit...

Night_Shot.JPG

Night_Shot_01.JPG