Sign in to follow this  
parsec

Project MD-82 & -83 by A.T.S.

What are your first impressions, including how the sound is rendered? I'd love to hear the sounds, as that is as important to me for immersion, as is a good flight model.

As a sound engineer by trade, I can´t agree with you more! The sounds are very good, and easily configurable. There are some rough edges in the B.Betty-department - some of the callouts, like Stabilizer Motion has way higher loudness than the stabilizer movement sound, but that´s not a big deal to fix. I´m not sure the avionics sound is as "irritating" as it is in "real life", judging by videos (mind you - a microphone has no way of cancelling out irritating/static sounds like our brain has, so static sounds like fans etc is often greatly exaggerated in videos.), maybe it is. You can barely hear the engines, like is the case in a real MD-80 :D

The VC-modeling is state of the art - a masterpiece! IXEG quality! As I rarely spend any time looking at the aircraft from outside, I don´t really care that much how the plane looks from the outside. That said: It looks fantastic!

I´m having a few problems with the systems though:

- The autopilot will not level of at a set altitude, even if it´s armed by setting a target altitude and pulling the knob.

- Awaiting full VNAV Functionality, using the IAS mode with the autothrottle on does not work, as I cant apply more thrust by pushing the throttles forward. I believe this is how it´s done in the real plane?
- The magenta line does disappear from the NAV display from time to time. Adjusting the range sometimes help, sometimes not.

Maybe I´m doing something wrong - need to read the manual properly, and try to maybe unlearn some of the things I remember from the Leonardo MadDog...?

In time I think this one will be a winner!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you Kristoffer!

Altitude problem: there are two possible configurations about how to set the altitude on the FGCP, one requires that you turn the knob and the altitude is instantly armed (no need to pull the knob, that's the configuration used on our plane) and one that requires to pull the knob in order to arm it: you can see the difference as with our plane you see the altitude on the FMA as soon as you turn the knob, else you'd see it only after pulling the knob.

In both cases you can disarm the armed altitude by pushing the knob.

That said, was you in V/S or in IAS?

What the FMA was showing?

Did you get the aural 750ft before the planned altitude and the orange light was on?

The best would be to have both logs in order to check it in a better way, specially the one about that flight that you have in the logs folder (even the log.txt is important, but maybe in the meantime you have overwrite it).

IAS mode: you can apply more thrust using the throttles if the FMA throttle is in CLMP mode, else you must set the speed through the SPD/MACH knob

Magenta line: this is something that make me crazy.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

even more unfortunately our plane is not yet fully compatible with X-Plane 11 due our customisations and the problems that are still present in the beta versions, so until XP11 will be declared final we can't start to understand why something doesn't work as planned as they do with XP10.

Thanks for your kind explanations. I hope you will release soon. I am looking forward to some XP11 compatibility, too, as it makes no sense for me to install a second XP sim.

Regards, Perry

Admittedly, I must have been living under a stone for the last three years for my ignorance of this great project. ;-) However, I'm so looking forward to it that I will actually switch from FSX to X-Plane to get my fingers on that fine bird!

By the way, do you consider an MD-87?

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Alfamike......any chance of formal release anytime soon?

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Will soon by release the 1.0.0.1 version. 
At the loading of the airplane, a window will appear with the update request. You will need to press on "yes please", and start downloading the update. Once you received it, will need to reload the aircraft.

This update is almost 70Mb big: 68Mb are about graphical updates, a little bit more than 1Mb is about updated scripts.

When the updated process will be completed you’ll find the changelog.txt file into the root folder of the plane.

Thank you!

P.S.

Of course, the directions are for customers ... :smile:

I see the update is online now; sadly, it gets stuck on "disabling SASL" and nothing else happens ....

Each time (tried three times) the computer became unresponsive and I had to push the reset button; not even ctrl-alt-del would work.

The fourth time, I put x-plane in a window, and now, after about ten minutes waiting with "disabling SASL" displayed, the window turned completely black, then, after another couple minutes, the sim reappeared without further notice. 

It works now, and apparently it was updated. Can't really say what changed tho. We'll have to wait for some release notes.

Andrea

I updated mine without issue. Maybe disable firewall? It takes a while on "Disabling sasl" and then it tells you downloading 1 or 28 files (or maybe 29? Can't remember).

X-Plane is already allowed through my firewall, and I can confirm that it stays a lot on "disabling SASL", then it goes black and at the end nothing else happens ....

Anyway I tried to turn off Windows Firewall; still no joy: it won't update.

Just a quick check: when it says "disabling SASL" I see small dots appear after the word SASL; just two of them. Do you remember if you saw more of them, maybe one every second or so? That would mean that the process just gets stuck

Andrea

Guest Mik75

So has this now become a closed beta with the people who were able to purchase during the accidental release?  I am not seeing the plane at the org store.

Edit: Never mind, find my answer here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/115126-version-1001-notice/

Yes, that´s pretty much, what it is right now! ;-)

The dev wants to iron out the biggest bugbefore the plane gets released again and officially!

Yes, that´s pretty much, what it is right now! ;-)

The dev wants to iron out the biggest bugbefore the plane gets released again and officially!

And, I might add, we paid full price for it :-)

Meanwhile, maybe one of the devs wants to chime in and find a solution to my update problem?

Andrea

I think in the end is good for those who missed the right moment to charge credit card. You get a more polish product for the same price.

No matter how nowadays software can be tested deeply, the use of billions of different configurations and systems make a wide beta process mandatory. I don't blame anybody, look at XP11 itself although in this case it's a bit more understandable...it costs slightly less  :wink: