Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Joystick Users

After much head scratching with V3 it looks like i'm going to consign my 14 year old Saitek 3D Cyborg stick to the bin.  It is behaving very eratically - left turns constant, no min max throttle.

Anyone recommend a left handed twist rudder joystick, that performs well in V3.

Thanks.

Hi Dean; unfortunately no recommendations; just to say I have similar issues - Win 7 / P3d v3 / Saitek Cyborg 3d Force

(thought it was force feedback incompatibility, which seems un-disable-able from the device settings in CP).

I'm now wondering which joystick 'will' actually work with this thing. If I find one that does all reply again.

Kinds Rgds,

Chris.

P.S.

A bit unhelpful that when postng a reply on these forums; the original posts doesn't show.

Dean,

Don't dump that joystick just yet. There are lots of P3D users experiencing controller problems with version 3. I use a CH Flightstick Pro joystick, and I installed P3D v3 on Friday October 3. So far, I have not attempted a single flight, because all of my aircraft pull severely to the right during the take off roll. LM are apparently fixing "a number of issues related to controller problems", so hopefully we will have a solution in the near future.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

...and I am not able to trim the aircraft. The trim wheel moves but with no effect. Sometimes, the elevator also moves extremely slow and after reloading the aircraft it moves correctly. I am using the Microsoft Force Feedback 2.

I am absolutely amazed at how many people are suffering from problems of this kind, and even more amazed that they were not detected during beta testing. Yes, I know. Broken record and all that......but it is still a valid point.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am absolutely amazed at how many people are suffering from problems of this kind, and even more amazed that they were not detected during beta testing. Yes, I know. Broken record and all that......but it is still a valid point.

I remember when FS9 and FSX came out, and similar problems happened in the first few weeks, and the same comments were made about the testing. Some of the testers back then said that they had reported issues, but were ignored when the programmers couldn't quickly reproduce the same problem, and were anxious to release the product. Happens all the time with new software. That's why there are always patches. Incidentally, I have beta tested in the past and still do on occasion, and there is nothing exciting about it. It is pretty tedious, just testing and testing waiting for something to happen that shouldn't. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Granted LM should fix the problem but in the mean time you guys should take this forced opportunity to get the paid version of FSUICP.

Apart from just getting your controllers working today you will find it is one of the best long term sim investments you will make.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

My buddies Microsoft sidewinder will only turn the rudder to the left but not the right. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

My buddies Microsoft sidewinder will only turn the rudder to the left but not the right.

Mine too. I have the same problem.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So is LM aware  of this problem?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

LM is apparently aware that some v3 customers are suffering from controller problems, and is attempting to fix them. Fingers crossed, eh? :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Why should I have to pay for a program to fix something that should be fixed in PD3?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Why should I have to pay for a program to fix something that should be fixed in PD3?

I have read quite a few posts on the joystick problem and V3, and some even said they tried buying FSUIPC and still had issues. FroogleSim in his review of V3, ended the review by saying that it was probably a good idea to wait before jumping into buying it because there were sure to be issues in the beginning with a brand new sim.  Of course, when I stated that after it came out, I was labeled a " V3 hater"....        :Devil:   I do know one thing, when and if I get V3, V 2.5 is staying on my PC until I am positive that everything works properly in V3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310