Sign in to follow this  
JYW

MU-2: Blown away

Hi folks,

I purchased the MU-2 today and just wanted to provide the team with some feedback to say that I am blown away with this aircraft addon.   One word best describes this add-on: FIDELITY.    Everything from the switch sounds, to the sounds of things like the landing light extension/retraction sounds is just phenomenal.  The hand flying behaviour is just divine (of course I've never flown a real one, but certainly in the sim world, this bird hand flies beautifully).  I also want to congratulate you on such a flawless and comprehensive autopilot system.   I've been flying a lot of Carenado and Alabeo aircraft and a lot of their autopilots are really glitchy.  This one is smooth as butter - including custom areas like the IAS mode.

I will be honest and say that I am using the free alternative interior/VC textures, kindly provided by "ksheadley" and I think these are a real improvement/upgrade to the stock VC textures.   Mainly around things like the A-Pillar / interior cockpit shell areas, which looked a little flat in the stock VC, and that look stunning with Mr Headley's generous modification.

The gauges are super smooth, and well, this aircraft just has the "x factor" for me, no doubt about it.   I bought the Flight 1 GTN750 yesterday so you can imagine what a field day I've had in this aircraft today. Flawless integration.

If you're on the fence, just get this bird - I am sure you will not be disappointed.  The VC textures look better in the sim than in any screenshot / video I've seen to date, and the mod by ksheadley makes them even better.

Without a doubt the most enjoyable and hi fidelity simulation I've flown in the sim so far, on a par with the A2A Comanche (both very different approaches, but equal in overall enjoyment).

Will be onto the Lear the minute it's released.

Thank you.

PS...... Two questions - forgive me if I missed these in the docs...... (1). What T/O trim should I use? .... the trim gauge isn't very intuitive for settings in this bird, and (2). What's the best the landing speed for average weight? ... I'm taking off at 100kts and climbing at 180kts and these work great.   But I just took a guess for landing and landed at 110kts ...... is that about right?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, and we are glad you are happy with the MU-2. Personally, I shoot my approaches at 105KIAS, flaps 20. Flaps 20 is the normal setting, flaps 40 is typically only used for short takeoff and landing. She hand flys amazingly at that speed on approaches.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, and we are glad you are happy with the MU-2. Personally, I shoot my approaches at 105KIAS, flaps 20. Flaps 20 is the normal setting, flaps 40 is typically only used for short takeoff and landing. She hand flys amazingly at that speed on approaches.

Careful Matt, flaps 40 should never be used for takeoff, regardless of runway length. The 40 degree setting is a bit interesting, in that it is the only setting that actually results in a drag increase the outweighs the lift increase.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Oops, that was certainly a mistake. Tired, after work brain was not functioning properly. :) No flap 40 take offs. :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

You're welcome Matt.

PS.... (facetiously).... please sell your FLC/IAS coding for the autopilot to Carenado/Alabeo.... I think they need some tips for their FLC gauge! :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

My MU2 Hobbs is reading 375 hours (or was before I jumped into p3d3). Certainly in my top 3 favorite sim birds ever. Getting back to basics with VOR-VOR without the GTN, still loving it.

I am enjoying the MU2 as well--it makes long x-country trips enjoyable. Keep up the great work!

Raymie

Spokane Valley, WA