Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ORBX just released P3D v3.0 installers for Global and OpenLC Europe

I installed FTX Global 1.40 on my P3Dv3, but when I fly over most cities in the US, I see batches of textures that have no autogen. Take a look at the screenshot to see what I am talking about:

35d2uqw.jpg

Am I the only one experiening it?  I also run FSX, but don't have this problem over there. Could someone who has installed FTX Global check out and report if autogen is rendered over the textures that you see "naked" on this picture?  You can use the coordinates in the upper left and enter them into the "Map" of P3D. I would be grateful if you could do it for me. I have tried a lot of things (deactivating ORBX trees, moving the sliders), but I have no idea what the cause might be. I want to know if this is a worm in my setup or in the package.

Flightsimstore + new heavily anticipated Orbx release = same old problems. JV and Co, get AT LEAST one more online vendor for your products, FFS....

There are many benefits of a P2P distribution system. One being zero bandwidth costs and no overloading of servers. Up to them to consider it though.

FSS - what a mess barley sign in never mind download something man oh man

Rich Sennett

once you get in, if you go with first server, it goes pretty quick. i downloaded the 4.5 gig in about 45 minutes. :) 

now to install and hope for the best. 

I installed FTX Global 1.40 on my P3Dv3, but when I fly over most cities in the US, I see batches of textures that have no autogen. Take a look at the screenshot to see what I am talking about:

35d2uqw.jpg

Am I the only one experiening it?  I also run FSX, but don't have this problem over there. Could someone who has installed FTX Global check out and report if autogen is rendered over the textures that you see "naked" on this picture?  You can use the coordinates in the upper left and enter them into the "Map" of P3D. I would be grateful if you could do it for me. I have tried a lot of things (deactivating ORBX trees, moving the sliders), but I have no idea what the cause might be. I want to know if this is a worm in my setup or in the package.

I would say it's because there's no ORBX libs for Version 3 yet (which contains at least some of the autogen) 

I would say it's because there's no ORBX libs for Version 3 yet (which contains at least some of the autogen) 

I can confirm that. V3 compatible Orbx Global and EuroLC downloaded and installed. Last released Orbx Libs are still looking for v2+. Hey Ho!

Hey an update for FTX Library is available VIA FTX Central 2 for prepar3d V3 . If you check FTX Central2 it should notify you.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

About an hour for me once you get to the servers - so not to bad

Rich Sennett

I have downloaded the latest orbxlibs using FTX Central V2 and added them to my scenery library, but to no avail...  Still the same issue.

Hey an update for FTX Library is available VIA FTX Central 2 for prepar3d V3 . If you check FTX Central2 it should notify you.

I am reading about problems with that update, that it is slow to download and/or locks up Central and that it still is not v3 compatible...? I will wait with downloading and updating the libs until there is a new v3 compatible version I can download myself.

Note: A New ORBX Library installer has just been posted to the ORBX support page, for those having issues downloading via FTX central.

All this confusion, and still they intercept core files and place their folder directly in the main sim folder. 

You do have to wonder if it might not have been better to wait until they got all their ducks in a row, tested the tools for compatibility and removed the potential for confusion BEFORE they release the updates. 

@Afterburner:

I know your problem. You have to open FTX Central 2 and at the top right you can see "APPLY REGION".

FTX Global will change to active!