Sign in to follow this  
regen70

Problems after switching to FSX SE

A few days ago i uninstalled FSX and installed FSX SE and have had a few issues with the Fixer which was running perfectly in FSX

I  get a diagnostic warning that the General10, Water40, SwarmCloud40 and Rain40 shaders are not the originals. I thought this might be because I use Rex4 Texture direct but I was also using this without problems under FSX

I decided to use Steam's  'Verify Cache' facility in case there were any installation errors but still get the same message.

I then ran Uninstall Libraries (several files were flagged as  'could not be found' during this process) and tried to reinstall them but get a message that  the  'envmap.bmp' is not the original and it stops. The manual contains a warning that the bkg.bmp and envmap.bmp might have been converted to dds files but

I have checked the folders and they are both shown as bmp files.

Is there anything more I can do - other than reinstalling FSX?

Have you altered the path in the controller to point to fsx se? Perhaps it is telling you that the shaders in the (no longer there) dvd installation are the wrong size.

The missing files might have been because you uninstalled the did editition perhaps as well?

Eureka! I have FSX SE installed on a dedicated SSD under E:/FSX and pointed the Fixer to that instead of to the full path:-  E:/FSX/steamapps/common/FSX.

I've amended the path and all is now well.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Steve,

My Steam Edition (and several others') creates two folders in AppData/Roaming: FSX and FSX-SE.

The 2.11 Fixer adds the following two files to FSX.cfg in the FSX folder and not FSX.cfg in the FSX-XE folder:

MultiSamplesPerPixel=8
MultiSampleQuality=16

When I click on "fsx.cfg" in "Fsx Settings" at the top of the main screen of the Fixer, it launches the FSX.cfg in the FSX folder.

How do I point the Fixer to the FSX-SE folder for accessing FSX.cfg?

Thanks in advance for your help, Steve!

Best,

Lucky

///////////

Hm, my SE has created only FSX folder in Roaming... Check Flight1, there is a free program there that defines FSX path. It helped me to install ORBX products to SE.

Lucky,

If you install fsx onto a new system it will use fsx as armando describes. If you install onto a system which has fsx DVD installed or where the uninstallation of the dvd edition didn't tidy up properly and left the old fsx directory then it will create a fsx-se.

Now the fixer can tell whether it's fsx or the steam edition why you give it the path to the actual full fsx installation directory. If it sees it is steam then it will use the fsx-se fsx.cfg if the fsx-se directory exists otherwise it uses as in your case the fsx directory

Do you have the dvd edition installed previously installed ? And what is the path in dx10 controller set to?