Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

All aircraft in P3D v3 pulling to one side

For the record.....how do I assign the axes in FSUIPC? I have never done that before. I have always used the default axis assignments.

see here - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwiJ5_nW-rXIAhUY_mMKHfUyAKU&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffsuipc.simflight.com%2Fbeta%2FSIMSAMURAI%2BFSUIPC%2BTUTORIAL.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGbOZfSkOhJKzgJmSQoqe6yxBEdzg&sig2=wdI-Q91PaxowSCRlXRfMWQ

It's a 15 page PDF file

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hey Vic,

Do you use FSUIPC to control the hat key POV (point of view) or are you using TrackIR? If you are using FSUIPC to control POV how is the performance? I've read FSUIPC doesn't do a very good job. My hat key is bound to the Pan View control in P3D. This is the only control I use through the native P3D "controls" interface.

Thanks

Benjamin 

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Hi guys

I found the problem with the unreal turning effects during takeoff or landing. Go into your realism settings and change the gyro setting all the way to the left. Enjoy.

I have had the veer left and then veer right experience in FS9, FSX, P3D v2, and v3. I thought that was just how it was but it is interesting to hear that some people just cruise down the runway nice and straight. Maybe all of my aircraft just came with a flat tire.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hey Vic,

Do you use FSUIPC to control the hat key POV (point of view) or are you using TrackIR? If you are using FSUIPC to control POV how is the performance? I've read FSUIPC doesn't do a very good job. My hat key is bound to the Pan View control in P3D. This is the only control I use through the native P3D "controls" interface.

Thanks

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin - I use FSUIPC to control everything. I have had no performance issues related to it. Originally I had everything BUT the hat switch set in FSUIPC. The hat was set within P3D controls. Decided to move all to FSUIPC - noticed no change in performance at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the info Vic. I think I will give the hat key a try in FSUIPC. I would love to go into the "controls" interface and finally be able to click the "disable controllers" check box.

Thanks

Benjamin

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Thanks for the info Vic. I think I will give the hat key a try in FSUIPC. I would love to go into the "controls" interface and finally be able to click the "disable controllers" check box.

Thanks

Benjamin

Don't make the mistake of assigning the HAT switch as a button in FSUICP.

Assign it as an axis.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Oddly enough I had the same problem with my airplanes tugging hard left on the taxiway.  I have Saitek Rudder and Yoke, and have them unchecked in P3D as I use FSUIPC.  I "think" that I fixed problem by going into the P3D controls menu, clicking on the AXIS tab on the top and deleting all of the axis assignments within P3D.  I just tested and no hard pulling anymore on the taxiway.  I hope this helps.

Great tip.  Cured all my joystick woes, negating my need for a new joystick.  Thx!

Why do you use FSUIPC for the controller axis ? What's the true advantage ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Why do you use FSUIPC for the controller axis ? What's the true advantage ?

There is more flexibility in assigning actions. The calibration approach is more detailed. There is also the option of programmability. I got hooked on it because of the "lost joystick" bug in Windows 8 (I'm now on Win 10).

The one pitfall that you have to avoid is attempting to control a joystick both with the sim and FSUIPC. That's a no no and strange things tend to happen. You have to disable the controllers in the sim's UI, but it's also good practice to delete all the axes and button assignments within the sim.

When I first installed P3d V3, I did just that but I missed deleting the sim's avatar joystick assignments. The poor little fellow would just walk in circles.

Ah!  Ok. Thx!

Poor Avatar :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My favorite feature is the ability to assign different switch and stick profiles to individual aircraft. I have a Saitek X-52, ch yoke, ch rudders and ch throttle quadrant all attached at the same time. f I load the f22, FSUIPC switches me to the x52, If I fly a Learjet - it switched to the yoke. Throttles are assigned to piston, jet, single, multi automatically. Once I have the profile set I can assign it to all similar a/c.

I cannot fly without it. Once you wrap your head around how to program the settings, you'll never look back.

One caution - it's really an either/or situation. Use FSUIPC completely or not at all. It's not that it doesn't work properly, just that if you have the joysticks enabled in both - sometimes funny things happen.

Vic

I have had the veer left and then veer right experience in FS9, FSX, P3D v2, and v3. I thought that was just how it was but it is interesting to hear that some people just cruise down the runway nice and straight. Maybe all of my aircraft just came with a flat tire.

ha ha This is actually my 4 ourth flight today and all the suddenly hell is loose.

I have now deleted all axis in P3D and FSUIPC is controlling them but i might have to restart because the rudder is jammed to the right when moving slightly to the right with Saitek rudder pedals.

Strange as this is the first time i encounter this problem

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael,

Some people are lucky and never notice any issues having a joystick enabled both ways. But Pete Dowson has wasted months just explaining to countless people not to do so.

Jay

Hi guys

I found the problem with the unreal turning effects during takeoff or landing. Go into your realism settings and change the gyro setting all the way to the left. Enjoy.

Thanks i think that worked

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png