Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Much improved fog easily attainable, but...

You are right , the same here.

That's because the lights aren't really casting light on the fog ; it's a bigger topic I think , that street lights can light the atmosphere in real life.

When watching a city from far away , you can see an orange "glow" above it.

Yes, but the strange thing is that not only lights halos, but also the gradual loss of contrast due to fog seems to disappear at night. That should not happen.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I am @WSSS with FSRealWX the ground is full of fog and I am using the script. Not that I understand all this

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

How exactly do you use the lua posted by mtaxp?

Copy the script to a new text file in Notepad and save, goto command prompt rename xxx.txt to xxx.lua like move xxx.txt xxx.lua and move the lua file to /Resources/Plugins/FlywithLua/Scripts folder.

Or better download the LUA IDE as this will allow you to save it directly as a .lua

I have noticed an issue and not sure what is causing it, it could be the fog script here it is :

737_2.png

Yes it is due to the script

That's strange.

One of the checks I made is when visibility is higher than 16098 meters , all the values will be back on default.

Ypur picture shows much higher visbility than this , so it shouldn't happen.

That's strange.

One of the checks I made is when visibility is higher than 16098 meters , all the values will be back on default.

Ypur picture shows much higher visbility than this , so it shouldn't happen.

I have a few Lua scripts in FlywithLua all copied from the net. One of them is the Atmosphere Scatter Hmmm I think it is your script. Do you want me to post that script here ?

Copy the script to a new text file in Notepad and save, goto command prompt rename xxx.txt to xxx.lua like move xxx.txt xxx.lua and move the lua file to /Resources/Plugins/FlywithLua/Scripts folder.

Or better download the LUA IDE as this will allow you to save it directly as a .lua

I have noticed an issue and not sure what is causing it, it could be the fog script here it is :

737_2.png

Yes it is due to the script

I also have RTH installed. Should I remove that first before installing this new lua?

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I also have RTH installed. Should I remove that first before installing this new lua?

I don't think you need to remove RTH.

It is the Atmosphere Scatter script which was the issue, after removing it :

Changi airport with FSRrealWX

dr400_1.png

This new atmospheric effect is really nice and it should be present there at all times. Without this X-Plane's atmosphere looks way too clean and dead. After increasing visibility the effect stays for like 2 or 3 seconds and then goes away. Can someone look into that?

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Works and looking real nice, but also had to remove RTH. With the RTH lua-scripts it just said "Lua stopped" in red letters when entering the sim.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One