Sign in to follow this  
channaffm

Aerosoft Mega Airport EGLL & AI aircraft labels in P3Dv3

Hi guys

Couple of questions:

- Does anyone have any experience using Aerosoft's Mega Airport Heathrow Extended (the latest version with the new T2) in P3Dv3? I've installed it and many buildings seem to be missing (e.g. Terminal 5, most of Terminal 1 and other structures).

- I can't seem to get the AI aircraft labels working correctly. If I turn on the label to show the route and flight number in the prepar3d.cfg file, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I quite like seeing where the various AI aircraft are going to and what flight numbers and aircraft types they are. I'm a bit of a plane spotter.. Perhaps someone can help me with this?

Otherwise, P3Dv3 is a big improvement and I'm really happy with it!

Thanks a lot

Chris

- Does anyone have any experience using Aerosoft's Mega Airport Heathrow Extended (the latest version with the new T2) in P3Dv3? I've installed it and many buildings seem to be missing (e.g. Terminal 5, most of Terminal 1 and other structures).

I have it working without problems. All buildings are there. I simply added my existing installation of it (from Prepar3d v2) to the scenery.cfg in Prepar3d v3. In addition, I also added the effects folder of v2 to the new effects.cfg of v3 so that v3 can find airport specific effect files (which add-ons copy into the effects folder). That's it. Works nicely.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have it working without problems. All buildings are there. I simply added my existing installation of it (from Prepar3d v2) to the scenery.cfg in Prepar3d v3. In addition, I also added the effects folder of v2 to the new effects.cfg of v3 so that v3 can find airport specific effect files (which add-ons copy into the effects folder). That's it. Works nicely.

Oh that's strange, I will have to try it again then. I must have done something wrong! 

Thanks for confirming it works with for you, it must be my installation.

Chris

Hi Carlo,

How did you do this bit ?  I still have 2.5 installed so this could be a great way of adding all my other airports.

I also added the effects folder of v2 to the new effects.cfg of v3 so that v3 can find airport specific effect files (which add-ons copy into the effects folder).

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Carlo,

How did you do this bit ? I still have 2.5 installed so this could be a great way of adding all my other airports.

Hi David,

in order to get most of my add-on airports working in P3D v3 I did the following:

1. Setup a directory for add-ons outside of the P3D v3 main directory, In my case I created a folder D:\P3D_Addons

2. Copy the entire "Addon Scenery" and "Aerosoft" folder from the P3D v2.5 installation to that new folder

3. Copy the "Effects" folder from the P3D v2.5 installation to the new folder

4. Add the following entry to the effects.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3:

[Entry.1]

Title=Default Effects

Path=D:\P3D_Addons\Effects

Required=True

Active=True

This way, P3D v3 will find the effect files in the separate directory. Now you can simply add the sceneries (which are now located in D:\P3D_Addons\Addon Scenery and D:\P3D_Addons\aerosoft) to your scenery.cfg and most of them should work. That also works for sceneries like FlyTampa which install into their own sub-directory inside the P3D main folder. In rare cases, sceneries also add files to {Your P3D main directory}\scenery\world\scenery (e.g. airport elevation corrections) or {Your P3D directory}\SimObjects. Then you also have to move them to the respective folder in the P3D v3 installation. And one final note: Sceneries with configuration tools might also require some additional tweaking so that the configuration tool works.

And one final note of caution: Only apply these kinds of procedures if you really understand the file structure of P3D and know what you are doing. Otherwise wait for new installers (which is also what I'm doing for the Orbx stuff). However, in case of Aerosoft I wouldn't expect too much. They have not updated any installers when P3D v2 was released (only when they released entirely new (paid) versions of add-ons). So I personally do not expect them to update installers anytime soon.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks Carlo.

Will have a good look. Nice and clear to follow.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

[Entry.1]

Title=Default Effects

Path=D:\P3D_Addons\Effects

Required=True

Active=True

I just saw that I selected "Default Effects" as the title of the entry in the effects.cfg. May be smarter to label it something like "P3Dv2 effects" or so.

I just saw that I selected "Default Effects" as the title of the entry in the effects.cfg. May be smarter to label it something like "P3Dv2 effects" or so.

Thanks for taking the time to reply on this thread Carlo, it's much appreciated. I'm sure you'll help many people with that, myself included.

Chris

But what about the aircraft label config problem? I cant get mine to save so that it will show airline and flight plan.