Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

EZDOK mouse cursor issue

Hi all,

So last night I fired up FSX as usual and encountered a really strange bug/issue presumably with EZDOK.  Under normal operations I press and hold my middle mouse button to pan around the cockpit.  At the same time the mouse cursor disappears but immediately reappears when I release the middle mouse button.  Last night for some bizarre reason when I pressed the MM button, the cursor disappeared (as usual) I could pan around the cockpit but when I released the button the mouse cursor didn't reappear!  This means I can't actually click on anything in the cockpit.  The mouse is still working however, if I press the MM  button I hear the audible "click" and I can still pan around.  It's just when I let go of the MM button the cursor doesn't reappear? 

Really strange and come out of nowhere.  If I alt tab to another window and back the mouse cursor re-appears.  I'm using FSX Steam edition in Windowed mode but the same issue occurs in full screen.  I have tried a different mouse and the same problem occurs so it can't be hardware related.

When I go into EZDOK settings I have "hide cursor when middle mouse is pressed" enabled/checked which is the setting I have always used.  I can uncheck this option as a workaround which is what I have been doing.  Trouble is there is noticeable FPS drop with the mouse cursor over the VC (particularly PMDG) which is why it's extremely useful to hide the cursor when panning around.

I'm using the v1.18 beta version of EZDOK because I'm using the Steam edition.  Since day 1 I have had no issues with EZDOK and to my knowledge nothing has changed on the system at all so this has come right out the blue.

Any ideas!?

Cheers

Sid

Thomas Derbyshire

I can confirm I'm having the same issue and a poster on our Facebook page has also. It appears to be an update to FSX SE that has caused it.

The fix for me has been to /// out the entry in the XML file and start Edzok manually from the ezca.exe file in the Win/Program Files/EZCA folder. Let's hope there's a fix. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

hahaha! wow. i had this problem start today also. thanks for the heads up. from another thread  there is an alternate workaround, in the ezdok options you can disable "hide mouse cursor when MM button pressed" which also leaves the mouse intact although it shows it during panning with that option off.

(other thread here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/475970-ezdok-mouse-look-problems/?hl=%2Bmouse+%2Bcursor#entry3307222 )

cheers

-andy crosby

Even let FSUIPC start it for you, even better  :smile:

Runif6=Ready,close,"C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe".......that's mine your would might be different.  It's in the FSUIPC manual of what all this means

Doing it this way, it will start automatically  and no cursor problem

I start everything via FSUIPC, weather, Fsrealtime,Flight keeper

Hope this is helpful

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Was a steam update that caused the update. My issue was fixed last night after a steam update.

Thomas Derbyshire

Hi yes can confirm I have this issue also, saw steam get updated a couple of days back and has not worked since. Did a reinstall of Ecza today but still no joy so an update is still required from Steam...lets hope!

Cheers

Mark

I got another version of steam come down last night on the 9th and the issue was resolved. Not at my PC now so cant confirm which version of steam I have.

Thomas Derbyshire