Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

FS2Crew PMDG 777 v1.6 app hang in P3D v3

Hi Bryan,

as I have written in the release thread for the new version 1.6 of FS2Crew for the PMDG 777, I still get app hangs/crashes when I call for the runway entry procedure. I have reinstalled both the PMDG 777 as well as the new version of FS2Crew into P3D v3, but this doesn't help. Here is what happens: As I call the runway entry procedure (same happens by the way when calling the "ok to clean up" after landing), I hear the FO starting his flow by flicking some switches and then all of a sudden, P3D freezes. When I go to the task manager, Windows says that P3D has stopped communicating and when I click on the details it says "App hang" (if required, then I can give you the exact error report).

To make sure that the problem is not on my end, I reinstalled the PMDG 777 in Prepar3d v2.5. No problems there. The flows work just fine. No app hang, nothing. So this seems to be a P3D v3 specific problem. I really hope, you can fix this problem as I hate flying without FS2Crew and I have the feeling that this could be a problem in the other versions of FS2Crew as well...

Thanks and regards,

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Just a thought as I have just thought about this myself.

When I un-installed the 777 from 2.5 I did not and still have not un-installed FS2Crew. Did you?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just a thought as I have just thought about this myself.

When I un-installed the 777 from 2.5 I did not and still have not un-installed FS2Crew. Did you?

No, I didn't. But as far as I remember, the only thing that FS2Crew does, is copy files to a FS2Crew2010 folder in the P3D main directory and then adding some entries to the aircraft's panel.cfg file. So there is no uninstall needed to completely remove it. Deleting the FS2Crew files and the aircraft itself should be sufficient. But maybe Bryan can shed some light on this.

David, did you try the new FS2Crew for the 777 in P3D v3? Is the Runway Entry Procedure working at your end? Would be great to know if this is a problem on my system or whether others are experiencing the same issue.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

No sorry mate not installed yet I have a lot on at the moment so I cannot see me getting a flight in till middle of next week. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have ASN, but I was not using it when testing FS2Crew. Since I haven't installed much into P3D v3 yet, the only other add-ons are a couple of airport add-ons, the PMDG 737 and 777, FS2Crew 777 and FSUIPC. That's it. I get the app hang on all airports, regardless of whether it is an add-on or default airport. 

Bryan, have you tested it in P3D v3? I think the most important thing right now would be to find out whether I'm the only one having this error or whether this is also observed by others...

Same here, exactly the same problem,

When calling for Runway Entry PRocedure and/or Okay to clean up,  my P3D V3 Hangs......

Considerations:

1- Im comming from a fresh install(Compelte PC Formating), so there is no previous version installed...

2- Lastest PMDG Updates of course

3- Running ASN Last update(2nd update for P3DV3 indeed)

4- Everythng went well untill i called Runway Entry.....   :fool:

Any clue?

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Hi Brian,

I am getting the exact same problem as Carlo.

I reloaded the flight and it happened again. Reloaded the flight again but this time I skipped the "runway entry procedure" and carried on with the flight OK. Have not tried a landing yet, at this moment I am enroute from EGLL to KJFK.

I am running ASN, Aivlasoft Efb, ProAtcX, MyTraffic6,REX4 Texture Direct/Soft Clouds and FSCaptain.

Hope this is of assistance.

Regards

John

I have just install FS2Crew v1.6 for PMDG 777 Prepar3D v3. I have run into a problem with FS2Crew will crash Prepar3D v3 when enable when i click on the application Vpilot to connect to Vatsim. When I disable FS2Crew PMDG 777 Vpilot app will work and connect to Vatsim. There was no problem with FS2Crew 1.5 working with Vpilot on Prepar3D v2.5. With Vpilot app the connect button is gray out with fs2crew 777 enable. Disable fs2crew 777 Vpilot connect button becomes active.

qw787_banner.png

PMDG_Banner_747_Pilot.jpg

I am also experiencing this during the runway entry procedure using ASN and FSDT JFK v2. No other addons were in use at the time. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

This is just a thought but did you delete all the simconnects and then reinstall them as they suggest in the read me file of the pmdg 777. 

I helped beta test this new version and have not had any problems but i did do what pmdg said about the simconnect.

Regards Ted Kiser

Okay, I'll do a remote desktop with a couple of you to try to figure it out.

Cheers,

This is just a thought but did you delete all the simconnects and then reinstall them as they suggest in the read me file of the pmdg 777. 

Did that help any of you?

I follow the instructions in the PMDG 777 readme file and install the simconnects and enable FS2Crew 777. Prepar3D loads fine. When I load the app Vpilot to connect to Vatsim the connect button is gray out. After a few seconds Prepar3d crashes. Disable FS2Crew777 everything back to normal.

qw787_banner.png

Vpilot connects fine to P3Dv3 without any problems without FS2Crew enable. Not been a developer taking a guess that vpilot works with simconnect which in turns talks to P3Dv3. When the app Vpilot is up and running it detects P3Dv3. If not it will not connect.

qw787_banner.png