Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Airbus altitude callouts anyone?

I could not find a satisfactory set of altitude callouts for Airbus aircraft, mostly because the sound bits strongly varied in quality. So I chopped up

, wrapped it in some XML code and basically made an altitude callout gauge for most, if not all, Airbus models.

Notes:

• I have no idea how the altitude callouts are triggered on the real aircraft, so I've applied the following constraints:
    • Gear handle in the Down position
    • Flaps handle not up
    • Vertical speed lower than zero
  • I've taken measures to ensure that every callout triggers correctly and is played exactly once (especially the ones below 100 ft).
  • The "retard" call will not trigger if the throttles are closed at 10 feet. In the real Airbus, the call apparently depends on throttle position and sink rate, but I could not find out, how a "bad" sink rate is determined.
  • "100 Above" and "Minimum" calls may overlap with regular altitude callouts if your decision height is set anywhere near n*100 ft.
  • The voice set is the old Airbus voice. As I understand, the newer buses have a different voice (described as "Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide")
  • The triggers are all controlled via XML and thus can be activated and deactivated at will. See the readme for instructions.

Read the readme for installation instructions and more information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZXZhM1FCUUNvOXM/view?resourcekey=0-bpQMrLEKPFhxhHr5o6Km2A

Edited by charliearon
per OP request...new link

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I've updated the callouts since their initial release.

• Fix for the constantly playing 20ft callout
  • Removed gear handle requirement
  • Reorganized the gauges

Old metal (727, DC-9, etc...) drivers may use the "old callouts" version, which uses a different sound set.

Thank you for your work. I recently got interested in creating gauges. I'm reading your xml now and i'm admiring your C++ skills. Do you have a suggestion where one could start creating some? I would like to create a conditional dummy gauge that affects trim settings when below a certain altittude AGL and when Throttles = idle..

I don't have any C++ skills whatsoever. The actual sound gauge is courtesy of Doug Dawson. I only did the XML part.

Gauge development related questions are best discussed in another thread. Or on FSDeveloper.

XML basics are here though: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526953.aspx

Are these call-outs for the Aerosoft Airbus Extended?

These are great callouts and work really well. I have really enjoyed using these on my A320s. Only one thing I'd like to ask: Can you please remove the flaps requirement as well? As far as I know, there's no flaps requirement in real life. Other than that, however, it is really good and I really enjoy using it. :)

The flap requirement is actually irrelevant since you're at least in config 1 (or 1+F if slower than 210 KIAS) on approach anyway.

Got it. The only reason why I asked is because once I was doing a flight with very low visibility and couldn't see the ground and I didn't hear the GPWS because my flaps were up and I almost hit the ground. But thanks for telling me

20 hours ago, NickWiiBros678 said:

Got it. The only reason why I asked is because once I was doing a flight with very low visibility and couldn't see the ground and I didn't hear the GPWS because my flaps were up and I almost hit the ground. But thanks for telling me

GPWS mode calls are not included, just altitude callouts.

Hey man. I recently downloaded your Airbus GPWS. I tried to put it on the Project Airbus A319, A320 and A321, but every time I tested it and I hit a callout, the sim froze, and a message came up saying that it couldn't find the path to the GPWS sound. I followed the instructions you gave on each one, but it did not work.

Any way I can fix this?

Check the paths to the .wav files in the .ini file (dig through the add-on).

Yet, I think I set the package up for relative paths. But it's been quite a while.

- Edit:

Just checked. The paths were indeed messed up. Uploaded a fixed package. Same download link.

Hey again, just one more thing.

Today, I did a full flight with the plane I added the GPWS sound onto, and I ran into a little problem. See, I use headphones on my computer for FSX, and sometimes when I use the ATC, the sound goes from me headphones to my computer speakers, and then I can’t get it back to my headphones. 

I’ve ran into this problem with one other sound, and I couldn’t fix it, so I was forced not to use the ATC on the planes that had that sound.

Do you know of any solution for this? Thanks!