Sign in to follow this  
stijnsarah18

Zurich V2 in p3d V3

I know that Zurich V3 is not officially for p3d v3 but i do have one question

Can someone help me with this. The scenery is working fine but to get the night lighting working you have to add some line to the main section of the fsx.cfg...

Where do i have to add this line in the new p3dv3 cfg file? cause there is no main section in it...

Or is there another solution?

thanx

More than likely it did not install its effects folder. I have been installing P3D V2 sceneries to an independent folder outside of the main P3D V3 folder. I can then see what folders come with the scenery and then move them to the appropriate locations. Some sceneries come with elevation corrections and other things like that. I am using the SDK recommended folder structure for most of my older sceneries. It allows me to study them and see what is needed. You don't have to do that as long as you move all the various scenery files that come with an installation to their correct locations in P3D V3. There is nothing you need to add to the P3D cfg. Only the scenery cfg, but I would do that in the program itself once you have placed everything into the right place.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

ok but in fsx you need to add this line:

SimObjectPaths.6=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0\simobjects

If you delete this line you do not have runway lights...

so in p3dv3 i do not have to do this?

i also copy paste thees things but that does not solve the problem....

Yes, you have to do it in P3D, however in P3D it is a different set up. It doesn't go in the main CFG file, but in a seperate Simobjects CFG file found in the ProgramData folder. You must consult the Learning Center for instructions on how to configure additions to those CFG files.

Lee H

Yes go to your windows folder and go to

%programdata% on the file address box on top. Or simply search if you have the windows search bar on your windows desktop menu.

Just type that in, then when you are there you will se a list of folders, one of them is LOCKHEED MARTIN you will see PREPARED V3 and then you will find the

SIMOBJECTS.CFG that you can add

But remember you have to also make sure that you change the simobjectspathsX<------- Change to the following number of simobjects line.

Hope that clears up everything

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yes go to your windows folder and go to

%programdata% on the file address box on top. Or simply search if you have the windows search bar on your windows desktop menu.

Just type that in, then when you are there you will se a list of folders, one of them is LOCKHEED MARTIN you will see PREPARED V3 and then you will find the

SIMOBJECTS.CFG that you can add

But remember you have to also make sure that you change the simobjectspathsX<------- Change to the following number of simobjects line.

Hope that clears up everything

Can someone translate this?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

What do you need translated too. Want it in Spanish?

Good one.  :LMAO:

If someone doesn't know what is meant by changing the number in the simobjectspaths entry then it is safe to say he shouldn't mess with cfg files and wait for proper installers...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Amazing...was having the problem with no runway lights in P3Dv2.5 and asked about it over at Aerosoft but still no solution and then I found this by chance and it worked great!

Not sure though why this line wasn't added to my SimObject.cfg file during installation since I thought Aerosoft Zurich 2.0 was supposed to be fully P3Dv2 comaptible. Will ask about that over in their forum but thanks again for sharing this information solving my problem!

Richard Åsberg

Amazing...was having the problem with no runway lights in P3Dv2.5 and asked about it over at Aerosoft but still no solution and then I found this by chance and it worked great!

Not sure though why this line wasn't added to my SimObject.cfg file during installation since I thought Aerosoft Zurich 2.0 was supposed to be fully P3Dv2 comaptible. Will ask about that over in their forum but thanks again for sharing this information solving my problem!

Im not the only one that gave info but glad it worked out

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Any idea what could cause this apparently very important line from being added to the SimObjects.cfg file during installation?

Richard Åsberg

I installed Mega Zurich 2.0 in P3D V3 just to be sure. It installed fine. I did add the following entry to my Simobjects cfg in the ProgramData folder, all the lights appeared. However, no runway lights. That apparently is a seperate issue and has to be solved by the developer. Out of curiosity, I installed the same scenery into FSX-SE. Everything is fine there except also no runway lights. Anyone know why?

[Entry.13]
Title=Addon Aerosoft
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0\simobjects
Required=True
Active=True

Lee H

Then that must be a P3Dv3 thing because as stated above in my case adding this missing line into SimObjects.cfg did fix the runway lights in my case but then again I'm running P3Dv2.5.

Richard Åsberg

Oddly enough, the runway lights in Mega Zurich are not working in P3D V3 or in FSX-SE. Must be some glitch in their installer. Other sceneries are fine. Very strange.

Lee H