Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

PMDG 777 is flying in silk. P3D3

Hi Everyone. I just had to come in and make a comment about my installation of the base 777 200LR into P3D3. It's sensational. I cannot believe the smoothness. P3D3 is a completely different simulator, which, out of the box has very acceptable scenery. The PMDG model is 'tight' and 90 - 95% of all jaggies are absent and marching ants on wings gone, a thing of the past. Crazy thing is: I got heaps of scenery and airports to be inserted, yet. Gives me second thoughts about changing anything ie meshes, open lc's etc going in. The only PMDG aircraft I have for this new evolution is the 777 but I have 4 others  that I can think of in FSX. Because, I must have a PMDG 737 NGX, this is going to be quite an expensive exercise but well worth it. BTW, this smoothness is achieved at 20 fps.

International flight, in real time, here I come.

Jon Shearer

Finished AAL50 a B77W flight from KDFW to EGLL, using FSDT and one end and Aerosoft Mega Extended Heathrow and ASN latest beta for P3Dv3 B5756 (problem locking to sim time fixed). A perfectly boring flight, and a few more like this and I'll take the FSUIPC VAS remaining logger off the title bar.

I spent most the day yesterday adding FS Global 2010 and FS Global Ultimate Americas mesh, and as expected running with the mesh slider full right to 1m had minor impact on VAS use. Also, I have left all locations in my scenery.cfg turned on including those with photo bgls and v3 manages it. Superior to anything we've seen. Waiting for Orbx to upgrade their installers.

Dan Downs KCRP

Finished AAL50 a B77W flight from KDFW to EGLL, using FSDT and one end and Aerosoft Mega Extended Heathrow and ASN latest beta for P3Dv3 B5756 (problem locking to sim time fixed). A perfectly boring flight, and a few more like this and I'll take the FSUIPC VAS remaining logger off the title bar.

I spent most the day yesterday adding FS Global 2010 and FS Global Ultimate Americas mesh, and as expected running with the mesh slider full right to 1m had minor impact on VAS use. Also, I have left all locations in my scenery.cfg turned on including those with photo bgls and v3 manages it. Superior to anything we've seen. Waiting for Orbx to upgrade their installers.

I think, until the novelty wears off, I intend to only install FS Global 2010, ORBX/FTX_Global_Base v1.30  and all the ORBX LC's I just bought. Amen on the ORBX installers. VECTOR too. Absolutely agree to the superiority of this version of the simulator. Process Explorer resides on one of my other screens, along with Speedfan to monitor cpu usage and temps. Mine is a reasonable system but it isn't even changing up. I live in Australia and have ORBX YBBN. My home town. The default scenery in FSX has always been a hog around Brisbane and if you fly towards the city it is a big frame rate hit. Gone in this new version. Full marks to ORBX for even attempting YBBN in the first place. It will be interesting to see if it has a beneficial effect on the performance of YBBN.  If I can get all of my PMDG aircraft running as well as the PMDG 777, it will be fantastic.

Jon Shearer

It's great to be reading such reports.  I just installed a 500Gb SSD and will be installing P3D v3 there.  I read that you installed FSGlobal, have you ever tried adding the scenery via the scenery library and linking the location on your hard drive?  I have all the FSGlobal regions installed from my FSX days and have linked the locations avoiding having to re-install the entire set of DVD's.  Just a thought.

Robert 

\Robert Hamlich/

Good idea, Robert. I wish I had thought of that, but instead I did a new mesh install primarily because my v2.5 is on a Velociraptor HDD and I wanted all my v3 stuff to be on my new 500GB SSD. I eventually plan to discard all my HDDs except the 1TB used for archiving.

Dan Downs KCRP

I managed to complete a flight from YSSY to NZAA with the 77W, very smooth with around 30-40fps in the cockpit, and VAS never went above 3.2GB with ASN, ORBX global, REX, FS2010 mesh etc etc.

Very impressed and well worth the pain of setup etc.

I managed to complete a flight from YSSY to NZAA with the 77W, very smooth with around 30-40fps in the cockpit, and VAS never went above 3.2GB with ASN, ORBX global, REX, FS2010 mesh etc etc.

Very impressed and well worth the pain of setup etc.

You are using everything that I use. That is good news, indeed. Have Pilot's provided an installer for P3D3 already? I looked on their website, briefly but could not find an updater. Does it automatically appear when you insert disc 1 or...

Jon Shearer

You are using everything that I use. That is good news, indeed. Have Pilot's provided an installer for P3D3 already? I looked on their website, briefly but could not find an updater. Does it automatically appear when you insert disc 1 or...

Jon Shearer

Pilots have released new installers for FS Global 2010 download version only.  Not sure when P3D v3 will be released.

\Robert Hamlich/

Pilots have released new installers for FS Global 2010 download version only.  Not sure when P3D v3 will be released.

Yes, I have the boxed set of DVD's. They are working on new installers but they've run into a few snags. Pilot's Guys are 'all over it'. Looking forward to when they're ready. On a connected note: Having so many add-ons to install has really made me take a good look at my organisation of Keys and Folders and bringing them all together to make the process run smoothly. FSX and P3D v1.4 are looking fantastic with all the add-ons installed. I've decided to go the whole hog and install all of it into P3Dv3 as installers become available.

Jon Shearer

I didn't have the new installers available so used the old trick of copying scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg to where it was going to look for it... P3Dv2 in one case and FSX in the other. Just move them back to correct location after. Piece of cake.

Dan Downs KCRP

I didn't have the new installers available so used the old trick of copying scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg to where it was going to look for it... P3Dv2 in one case and FSX in the other. Just move them back to correct location after. Piece of cake.

I was aware of this but chickened out, not knowing how LM had worked their voodoo in P3Dv3. Pleased to see you're more intrepid than me, Dan. Also, it look like I have become a Flight Simulator Collector. I have 5 of them, now. When is all of this upgrading going to rationalise?.

Jon Shearer