Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Windows 10 Install?

Hello pilots, my OS is Windows 7 64bit and have P3D V2.5 installed on it's own SDD. Soon will be deleting 2.5 completely  and installing V3. Thinking about going ahead and upgrade to the free Windows 10. Would I be better off to format my OS drive and do a clean install of W 10 or just install 10 over my W 7 like others have done? Any advice will be appreciated.

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

What I did was install it over win 7 - still using it seems fine - but plan on formatting in the future to see its full potential 

Rich Sennett

Hello pilots, my OS is Windows 7 64bit and have P3D V2.5 installed on it's own SDD. Soon will be deleting 2.5 completely  and installing V3. Thinking about going ahead and upgrade to the free Windows 10. Would I be better off to format my OS drive and do a clean install of W 10 or just install 10 over my W 7 like others have done? Any advice will be appreciated.

Lamar

To upgrade for free you HAVE to install it over W7. No other option or it won't be activated. If you have installed it over W7 and you've made sure W10 has been activated, you can do a full reinstall including wiping the OS driver completely. I personally did the upgrade and then installed W100 all over again on a formatted drive. I like my system clean.

What I did was install it over win 7 - still using it seems fine - but plan on formatting in the future to see its full potential

I did similar over my install of windows 8.1, and Prepar3D v2.5 was OK. I had a problem with the activation of add-on managed by the Stand Alone Add-on Manager, but a reinstall of that tool only fixed things.