Sign in to follow this  
Evan

QW 757

Anyone had success installing the QW757 into p3d v3? I tried to use there p3d installer, but it just closes after a few seconds. 

Evan Hardin 

I've been thinking about this too but not had a chance to try. I might attempt a manual merge-over later...  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Bad news from QW : il there is any change to adapt the 757 for the V3 they won't do it ...

Their 757 was great back in the day. It's about time some developer (or even them at a later point) grab the 757 project and give it a deserving simulation.

I wonder why iFly which actually produces nice simulations went for a 747 instead of a 767 or 757... PMDG won't give them a chance and we'll have two 747s instead of another good one.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Bad news from QW : il there is any change to adapt the 757 for the V3 they won't do it ...

Like as not it will only be an installer change. Most issues seem to relate to the external livery manager. There is a workround to get it to install but it's not official, not supported and is not going to get discussed here.

Go to the official forum for that, as they seem to allow the how-to conversation, if not actually support it.

(...) if not actually support it.

To be honest it's not "not actually suporrted", but abandoned for P3D v3 users. :(

It is sad that they abandoned the aircraft that basically they were known for and brought them to the payware market. There is something kind of as a curse so to say for the 767/757 line for the FS world. I remember when the PSS 757 was so great and they abandoned that, we waited for the longest time and then CS made one and it just never worked well, finally QW filled the void and made money with it, Then the LEVEL D false expectations came around and gave us all a huge "wilson" with no actual delivery.  Perhaps some day we will get a quality 767/757 rendition. I truly hope so I dream about it all the time. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

It is sad that they abandoned the aircraft that basically they were known for and brought them to the payware market. There is something kind of as a curse so to say for the 767/757 line for the FS world. I remember when the PSS 757 was so great and they abandoned that, we waited for the longest time and then CS made one and it just never worked well, finally QW filled the void and made money with it, Then the LEVEL D false expectations came around and gave us all a huge "wilson" with no actual delivery. Perhaps some day we will get a quality 767/757 rendition. I truly hope so I dream about it all the time.

To be fare QW did not abandon this project as it's still supported. Instead, they are making a finical decision not to update the product for P3D. In effect, you abandon QW when you CHOSE to change sim platforms. QWs is under no obligations to ensure this aircraft works for every product you choose to use. So, let's not compare PSS with QW as the two situations are not relatable. Also, I don't see how we are cursed as we got the leveld 767, one of the finest add-ons ever produced

Matt King

To be fare QW did not abandon this project as it's still supported. Instead, they are making a finical decision not to update the product for P3D. In effect, you abandon QW when you CHOSE to change sim platforms. QWs is under no obligations to ensure this aircraft works for every product you choose to you. So, let's not compare PSS with QW as the two situations are not relatable. Also, I don't see how we are cursed as we got the leveld 767, one of the finest add-ons ever produced

I agree, 7 years ago. My point is not to say that the QW 757 is compared to PSS 757, what I suggest is that if you look at the track record for these aircraft there has not been any stable developer committed to it as there is in other platforms. So in a sense both companies that had the projects have abandoned future development of the product. QW has a soft place in my heart because we see better things coming from them in the future. No one is more excited than I am for it. Instead take it as a overview of what we have had offered to us in the last 11 years for these two lines compared to other aircraft. They were great, I know I love flying them, but we have no developer out there that I know of that truly can see the potential of the aircraft. 

Perhaps the problem is that developers just don't see money in it to make reboots of these aircraft.  :smile:

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

To be honest it's not "not actually suporrted", but abandoned for P3D v3 users. :sad:

Please do not presume to part-quote me without expressly understanding the topic

What I said was

Go to the official forum for that, as they seem to allow the how-to conversation, if not actually support it.

Clearly I refer to how-to conversation, not the issue of support.

Personally, I think it would have been great if P3D V3 broke every previous addon and developers had to start from scratch or adapt what they previously developed.

Then it would rule out issues like this from cluttering forums with incessant complaining about something that doesn't work in something it was not designed to work in.

Use it in P3d v2.5, it works fine there. Nobody made you install P3D v3. Whose fault is it ? Developers have not abandoned the product. That is an outright lie and I will not be associated with it, nor have you try to create such an association unchallenged.  

If the developer won't support the product in V3, whether because it wasn't designed for it or they simply cannot be bothered, is irrelevant. They don't, so don't use it and move back to a platform that it does work in if its that important to you, or solve the problem yourself and stop whining.

This is exactly what needs to happen to allow space for conversation on those things that supposedly are designed for V3 and are not working, or are supposedly compliant yet are obviously not so because they ignore the L-M recommendations about leaving core files and folders alone, but don't. 

Therefore `over there` is the only place to discuss the how to achieve a workable portover, in forum space the developer can monitor and respond to if they choose.

• Upvote 1

From QW:

Statement on P3D V3.0

We literally found out about P3D V3.0 on the day we were due to travel out to the United Kingdom. It's quite challenging to keep up with P3D at this time. We cannot comment at this time on the Ultimate 146 Collections availabilty on P3D V3.0 at this time. The same can be said for the Ultimate 757, but the only difference there is that if it requires ANY work from us, the Ultimate 757 WILL NOT see P3D V3.0 as again, that product is No Longer in Developer.

It is written directly: "bye bye QW757 for P3D v3".

You can't say `bye bye` to something that was never there to begin with.

Unless you suffer from delusions.

In which case: Seek professional help.

I just completed a short flight BDL-BOS with the qw757. Everything worked as it did in P3DV2. Quite simple really, just emulate your folders as they were/are in V2 and install the latest version of Addon Manager. Can't understand all the noise about this.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I just completed a short flight BDL-BOS with the qw757. Everything worked as it did in P3DV2. Quite simple really, just emulate your folders as they were/are in V2 and install the latest version of Addon Manager. Can't understand all the noise about this.   

Weird. I open the installer and it closes after about 5 seconds. 

Evan Hardin 

I did not use the qw installer, I copied files from one sim to another then ran the latest Addon Manager which detected P3DV3. You must mimic your FSX or P3DV2.x directory structure with all things related to QW757. 

pm me if you need help...