Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

Jason, yes just make a copy of your simobjects/UT2 folder.  However, if you have common light maps in the main texture folder, you'd also need to back those up.

To save paints and schedules, back up these files found here.

C:\Users\????\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

UT2Interface.db

databases\UT2Daily_Official.db

databases\UT2Weekly_Official.db

Then just copy those back to the new installation.

In fact...every user of UT should be backing those files up as they tend to get corrupted.

Another trick you can do if you want multiple traffic configurations is to make multiple copies of the UT2Interface.db file.  For example, I have one that I use for when I'm flying a GA aircraft, and another that I use when I fly airliner.  Then create a batch file to rename the files as needed when you load the sim and you don't have to open the UT2 interface.

Jason, yes just make a copy of your simobjects/UT2 folder.  However, if you have common light maps in the main texture folder, you'd also need to back those up.

To save paints and schedules, back up these files found here.

C:\Users\????\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

UT2Interface.db

databases\UT2Daily_Official.db

databases\UT2Weekly_Official.db

Then just copy those back to the new installation.

In fact...every user of UT should be backing those files up as they tend to get corrupted.

Another trick you can do if you want multiple traffic configurations is to make multiple copies of the UT2Interface.db file.  For example, I have one that I use for when I'm flying a GA aircraft, and another that I use when I fly airliner.  Then create a batch file to rename the files as needed when you load the sim and you don't have to open the UT2 interface.

Thank you!

Man I forgot about the light textures in the main texture folder, I may never find all of those lol.

You should also backup the entire Databases and PowerPack Files folders.....assuming that you have created any new airline flightplans.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Make sure in the fsx.configuration file you change the SimObjects line from 1 to 0 or the gui won't open.

many thanks to 'tooting' for this line. I managed the [Entry.10]} in simobjects and the { <Launch.Addon>} in the prepar3d v3.cfg

If I launched the GUI centre it would crash after loading up, unknown to me UT2 was working fine in the sim; just didn't know it

My line has (2) not (0) and I placed it in both fsx and P3D cfg file. Now going to backup entire system; it's that important..Gusbow

not working, still looking for fsx.exe in folder, but don't have it how to make a dummy fsx.exe?

Easiest way: make a copy of your prepar3d.exe somewhere and rename it to FSX.exe...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I just wanted to share this with folks who might be struggling to install UT2 into P3D v3.1, I was!  There are numerous posts that suggest pretty much the same method, but this worked for me.  I've included my own tweaks.

Instructions in regular type (not bold) are slightly edited to make them easier to follow and are from a post earlier in this forum dated 26/10/15, author - rick66 and the comments in bold and {} brackets are mine.

·        {Download and install EMT (Estonia Migration Tool)}

·        Enable EMT and kept alive

·        Install UT2 pointing to the P3D root directory {C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D in my case}

·        UT2 installer will put the following entry into the "prepar3d.cfg" under [Main]: {It did not –I added this manually into the file located in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D}

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft {See below}

Change it to "SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft" or the next sequential number (1,2,3). Save file  {I kept this as default - SimObjectPaths.1 setting as a 0 threw up an error message during first run (SelectIndex error?) – not sure if the setting of that value was in anyway connected to the error, but it fixed it so I assume it might be}

·        Copy the edited "prepar3d.cfg" and paste it back into the same directory renaming it "fsx.cfg"

·        Open the "EXE" file to see if the following is there: {you will probably have to right click this file and choose to open it with notepad.  It’s located in same directory as above}

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<path>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\Flight One Software\UltimateTraffic2 \UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

{This entry was not there in my case, so I added it.  Make sure the path is correct in any event}

·        Open %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg - add the entry below and save the file:

[Entry.10] {or the next sequential number}

Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Required=True

Active=True

·        Open up %appdata%\roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2settings.cfg

and you should see something like this:

[Main]

FSX cfg File Location =C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

FSX Location=E:\P3D\

hideDisclaimer=1

Change it to:

[Main]

FSX cfg File Location=C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsx.cfg 

FSX Location=E:\P3D\

hideDisclaimer=1

Change to reflect your P3D directory path then save it.  {note: file location in my instance ends Prepar3D v3 – ensure that the version number is correct and added, as the root folder for P3D does not give a version number, but in the AppData environment it does – this could be because I had v2 before.  In any event, check to be sure}

·        You should have an Ultimate Traffic 2 shortcut on your desktop. Don't run it yet

·        DISABLE EMT (or rename fsx.cfg to fsx.bak) {I renamed the fsx file – this worked for me}

·        Reboot, then run the UT2 shortcut.

·        Install Power Pack and any additional traffic databases (optional) 

You might want to mention that the Estonia Migration Tool is payware.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I used the current version of the migration tool and didn't have to do any of this.

Works perfect.

Mark

I used the current version of the migration tool and didn't have to do any of this.

Works perfect.

Mark

+1 Mark, same here. A friend Richard explained and very simple to do.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Lamar Wright

+1 Mark, same here. A friend Richard explained and very simple to do.

Anytime Buddy Anytime  :drinks:

Rich Sennett

Now I'm the one having a problem!  I installed UT2 on P3D v3.1 using the migration tool (no FSX or P3D v2 installed).  I couldn't see traffic so I've spent the afternoon following various suggestions in this thread including adding a v2 "dummy".   My simobjects seem fine, etc.. I also went ahead and installed my Summer 2013 without problem.

But I'm not seeing any traffic!!!  The UT interface is working, it seems to be loading the aircraft (although it seems to be a little fast).  When P3D starts it moves through the loading aircraft phase very quickly indicating to me that it may not be loading anything.  The UT maps, schedules etc. all show many aircraft.  P3D starts up fine, just no aircraft.    I'm sure it's something simple but I'm stumped. 

One other thing.  I had MT6 installed previously.  It was uninstalled via the Control Panel and I removed it from simobjects.cfg

Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks a bunch!