Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

I checked in my P3D.cfg to make sure UT2 Aircraft is in [Main] SimObjectPaths - it is as .1.  I made sure of that

I am reasonably certain that this needs to be .0

I seem to remember having to manually change it in my own Prepar3d.cfg file.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have taken control of Chucks computer and didnt blow it up - its all set hes up and running

Rich Sennett

I apologize for the various nm's, etc.. on the posts.  Rich was kind enough to connect remotely to my machine.  What he found was that the migration tool needs to stay enabled for the UT shortcut/manager to work.  I had been disabling it immediately after the install of UT2.  That seems to have been the problem.  A big thanks to everyone, and Rich especially, for working with me to figure it out.

• Upvote 2

There was me thinking that I had eventually put to bed, my UT2 installation into P3Dv3.1 woes and indeed all worked splendidly for a week or so, until suddenly, no traffic on one P3D start up.  I quit P3D, opened the UT traffic program to be faced with "Error loading default UT2 or FSX settings", There are multiple root elements, Line 11, position 2".  Whilst I can open the UT2 interface, I'm not getting traffic. I have uninstalled, reinstalled UT2 several times, using the Estonia Migration Tool.  I have checked and doubled checked the procedure that I'd used successfully, including all naming conventions (see page 5 of this topic) without success.  Any ideas anyone?  I'm going nuts!!

There was me thinking that I had eventually put to bed, my UT2 installation into P3Dv3.1 woes and indeed all worked splendidly for a week or so, until suddenly, no traffic on one P3D start up.  I quit P3D, opened the UT traffic program to be faced with "Error loading default UT2 or FSX settings", There are multiple root elements, Line 11, position 2".  Whilst I can open the UT2 interface, I'm not getting traffic. I have uninstalled, reinstalled UT2 several times, using the Estonia Migration Tool.  I have checked and doubled checked the procedure that I'd used successfully, including all naming conventions (see page 5 of this topic) without success.  Any ideas anyone?  I'm going nuts!!

Ah yes that because you didnt have EMT enabled it will not work if its not thats reason or all of the problems you had - keep in mind you have to set traffic density in ut2 gui - you cant do it in p3d - keep it enabled all the time unless you are installing a native p3d program then re-enable as yo can forget and have this problem you speak of

Rich Sennett

Thank you Richard.  I did indeed have EMT enabled, but didn't set the traffic density in UT2.  However, having checked, it seems to be set at 100% by default.  Still no joy though.  For the life of me I cannot see what on earth I could have done.  One thing I didn't mention in my earlier post is that I got so frustrated, I uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry etc, so I'm starting with an effectively new PC (I only use it for P3D).  I reinstalled P3D (no weather/rex/orbx etc.. etc..), then UT2, but I'm getting the same issue.

Did you link back up your Simobjects.cfg  In ProgrmaData 

Thank you Richard.  I did indeed have EMT enabled, but didn't set the traffic density in UT2.  However, having checked, it seems to be set at 100% by default.  Still no joy though.  For the life of me I cannot see what on earth I could have done.  One thing I didn't mention in my earlier post is that I got so frustrated, I uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry etc, so I'm starting with an effectively new PC (I only use it for P3D).  I reinstalled P3D (no weather/rex/orbx etc.. etc..), then UT2, but I'm getting the same issue.

Stupid question you are using the latest developer version from site its the last one down on that webpage ?

You still getting that Error message after new install of sim ?

Did you apply the schedule date - also did you turn down ai sliders in ut2 gui maybe it needs to be changed to something else for it to take

Is the ut2 menu in your addons pull down menu in P3D ?

Rich Sennett

Do you have the following entry in the [MAIN] section of your Prepar3d.cfg file?

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And i take it you have checked to verify that the Aircraft Installed Ok into your Prepar3D Simobjects folder should be around 101 I think 

Do you have the following entry in the [MAIN] section of your Prepar3d.cfg file?

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Hi Christopher, I added that line, but it's set at 1, not 0 - I'll change it and see what happens.

You have to use that version or it will not work - it has more capability than the one you listed

Last link down thats why its not working

http://www.flightsim.ee/products/migration-tool#download

I suggest you uninstall UT2 and EMT and start fresh - not sim just these two programs and you will be fine

Disable tool before uninstalling - important

Great!  Thanks Richard.  I'll do that and let you know (I'll also look out for the entry in MAIN (SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft) and check the setting)

I am reasonably certain that it is supposed to be "0".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png