Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

vFlyteAir SR20 Released

Took a coffee break from flying passengers around the Alberta Foothills in FSEconomy to load up the dot org store, and low and behold, I was rewarded with the sight of this newly released Cirrus.

So, ahem, mini-review/first impressions coming in a short while.  :wink: 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well, yeah, it suddenly went all very fast.

You can download the manuals before buy here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0pWpRNdieyRbVdYWW5OaTN3bDg&usp=sharing

And very good manuals they are too!  Of course, I had to try and figure things out before reading them... which wasn't really the brightest thing ever, but you know, 'new toy syndrome' and all!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

And very good manuals they are too! 

Thanks a lot. I'm no native speaker, so there may be manual "bugs", too. If you find any big issues with them, just send me a message and I will correct them.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Here goes - my first impressions after flying and figuring out things for the last two hours.

- Great textures.  Really great, actually.  Modelling is superb as well.  I'm not a crazy nit-picker, nor would I be able to tell if something wasn't perfect to the real deal, but everything is very pleasing to the eye.  The only caveat might be the pilot / co-pilot, which aren't terrible, but don't match the really superb modelling of the rest of the aircraft. I do wish the pilot was hideable while the ground elements are showing.

- A lot of depth to the PFD / MFD.  That MFD full engine page looks superb.  I love the checklists, and the ability to display your own charts is nice as well.

- I found the icons/font on the map to be very hard to read unless I zoomed in on the MFD quite close.  I'm not sure if this is doable or realistic, but it would be nice if the map icons and names increased in size as you zoomed in on the map with the range dial.  Right now, zooming way in still results in itty bitty airport / fix / vor icons and names.

- I thought the use of the SD card graphics for the clickspots to open/save flight plans was quite smart.

- Flight plan entry really requires one to read the manual first.  Once that advice is followed, it works quite nicely.  I did find the use of the FMS inner knob to be a bit annoying, however, thank you vFlyteAir for making custom commands for binding keys / buttons to the FMS keypad.  That is greatly appreciated.

- The aircraft handles pretty well on the ground, and seems as it should in the air.  Not going to comment much on that since I'm not a pilot, and unless something was glaringly obvious, it'd likely escape my attention.  Speeds seem spot on though, and it hand flies very nicely.

- I have mixed opinions about the sounds.  At idle it sounds good, and of course the custom stuff is great.  However, at higher revs it sounds like there's an audible loop, or roughness that repeats.  Also, when applying throttle, the engine sound doesn't seem to smoothly increase - or it lags behind your application of throttle.  Hard to describe.  Might be realistic, but I wouldn't know.

- The parachute works as advertised... I just had to test it out!

- Performance seems very good. I keep my vsync at 1/2 though, so unless something knocks my frames below 30, I really have no perception of one aircraft being more demanding than another. 

Overall, I'm very pleased.  Well worth the money spent!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for your nice review! I'll forward it to Walker, esp. the sound stuff.

- I found the icons/font on the map to be very hard to read unless I zoomed in on the MFD quite close.  I'm not sure if this is doable or realistic, but it would be nice if the map icons and names increased in size as you zoomed in on the map with the range dial.  Right now, zooming way in still results in itty bitty airport / fix / vor icons and names.

As stated in the manual and at the store website ("X-Plane default map with weather radar and traffic warnings with custom icons"), we don't use a custom map. Developing a custom map was not possible for us at this point. We have custom map icons, though, and we have made the default font a bit less blurry and gave it a black background, so overlapping identifiers are a bit better readable, but that's all we can do to improve the default map. Unfortunately it does not work so well for high resolutions.

As stated in the manual and at the store website ("X-Plane default map with weather radar and traffic warnings with custom icons"), we don't use a custom map. Developing a custom map was not possible for us at this point. We have custom map icons, though, and we have made the default font a bit less blurry and gave it a black background, so overlapping identifiers are a bit better readable, but that's all we can do to improve the default map. Unfortunately it does not work so well for high resolutions.

Ah... I'll be honest, I don't know that I have or have flown any aircraft that use the default XP map.  Most of the time I stick to smaller aircraft, and they either all have a GNS unit present, or nothing at all.  So as much as I'd still like bigger icons and font, I completely understand that it's not able to happen!

And... thanks for the paint kit!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

that it's not able to happen!

For now. ;)

Looking forward to your paints!

We have released an important hotfix that takes care of a bug with entering VOR waypoints into the FMC (and which also fixes some other minor bugs). I'm writing this here just in case here are customers who do not read the official forum:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=89847#entry960882

We're now continuing our work on the first real update, which will also include two additional liveries.

We have released an important hotfix that takes care of a bug with entering VOR waypoints into the FMC (and which also fixes some other minor bugs). I'm writing this here just in case here are customers who do not read the official forum:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=89847#entry960882

We're now continuing our work on the first real update, which will also include two additional liveries.

Thanks for letting us know over here!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Anyone have this beauty and can they give some feedback?

Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Help..I just installed this, into XPX.41, and I have no instruments, over half of the instrument panel has no working click points, etc....any suggestions?

Here is the plane up and running, with no way to turn on the instrument screens..

CirrusSR20_1.png

Post edit: Found the hot fixes...and will see if this corrects my install issues...

Mario...what is the step by step procedure, to install this plane in the General Aviation folder, please..., and does all the hot fixes at the org...correct it all?

Thanks,