Sign in to follow this  
frostynz

New to P3D - NVI

Hey Folks,

Just trying out P3D for the first time .

Apologies if this has been answered in a previous thread but I couldn't see it.

Does one use Nvidia Inspector for P3D? , and if so could someone be kind enough to post a picture of their settings?

I have an i7-4790K and a GTX 980 ti.

In the P3D settings I have selected 4 x AA ,16 x Antroscopic , HDR off, vsync on, locked at 30fps, no triple buffering. I do have hyper threading on, should this be off

Also am I right in saying that the only .cfg tweak one should use is FFTF=0.1 under [MAIN]

Many thanks Dave (and apologies for so many questions)

Hey Folks,

Just trying out P3D for the first time .

Apologies if this has been answered in a previous thread but I couldn't see it.

Does one use Nvidia Inspector for P3D? , and if so could someone be kind enough to post a picture of their settings?

I have an i7-4790K and a GTX 980 ti.

In the P3D settings I have selected 4 x AA ,16 x Antroscopic , HDR off, vsync on, locked at 30fps, no triple buffering. I do have hyper threading on, should this be off

Also am I right in saying that the only .cfg tweak one should use is FFTF=0.1 under [MAIN]

Many thanks Dave (and apologies for so many questions)

Hi Dave .... and the general consensus currently seems to be to leave NV Inspector and NV Control Panel at their vanilla default values for the time being (I am personally waiting upon a Rob Ainscough Eureka! moment). I am using a similar rig as yours and am seeing a marked improvement in the clarity, fluidity of flight and, ultimately, the much-improved VAS management (even with the NGX737 at 'heavy' airports), which makes V3 an absolute 'keeper' for me. FFTF=0.10 works on MY setup as does the AM=244 in [JobScheduler]. Obviously you will get a an awful lot more knowledgeable / sage / sarcastic advice on your post than this initial missive but just bear with the negativity (as most of us do) and simply read the relevant posts. Have a play around with your settings Dave (after all - you have got the requisite horsepower) and keep the Forum informed if you manage to strike the Mother Lode of V3 :smile:

Cheers mate, appreciate your input.

Just a question is there already a profile for P3D v 3 in NVI?

Initial impressions are good bye FSX :-)

Yes Dave it's there. Just put something like Prep in the profile search box at the top and it will take you to the Profile.

What are FFTF=0.10 and  AM=244 tweaks and what do they do for PD3 V3?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

FFTF lowers the priority for loading textures and 1. may give you some more fps but 2. may increase blurries (late loading textures). 

AM is Affinity Mask and the value to use really depends on your CPU (and HyperThreading on or off).

I tested both settings last weekend (because I kept on reading about them) on my i7 4790K @ 4.4 and GTX 780 and apart from some 2 fps extra with FFTF at 0.01 in some situations I noticed no difference so I removed them again. I like to keep my cfg as clean of tweaks as possible. In fact, I currently use no tweaks at all. 

If you are satisfied with how the sim runs, do not tweak. Most P3D users do not tweak at all. 

FFTF lowers the priority for loading textures and 1. may give you some more fps but 2. may increase blurries (late loading textures). 

AM is Affinity Mask and the value to use really depends on your CPU (and HyperThreading on or off).

I tested both settings last weekend (because I kept on reading about them) on my i7 4790K @ 4.4 and GTX 780 and apart from some 2 fps extra with FFTF at 0.01 in some situations I noticed no difference so I removed them again. I like to keep my cfg as clean of tweaks as possible. In fact, I currently use no tweaks at all. 

If you are satisfied with how the sim runs, do not tweak. Most P3D users do not tweak at all. 

+1 jeroen  ... Just trying to start him from a neutral setup.

V3 is looking pretty good for me, I have a i7 4790 and 2 x GTX 760. The only room for improvement is some shimmering lines, particularly on the runway edges, otherwise it is very smooth and fluid. Is this a SGSS fix?

Ian S

38.jpg

Many thanks for your replies chaps.

So in NVI control panel would I just match the anti-aliasing setting I have in the P3D control panel and set the frame rate limiter to 30 in NVI as well?

The rest stays vanilla?

Thanks & Regards Dave

+1 If it's not broke don't fix it

Regards

Lamar Wright

Suggest to fly it a few days with no hand edited tweaks. You'll get more mileage from tuning the settings in the sim. If you run into something specific that give you problems like stuttering and you run out things to try then look at some of those other things. As far as NVI  I don't use it at all for V3. 

It strange.  When I first installed the new P3D v3 a week or so ago I had very little to no screen graphic tear that I was having with version 2.5.   Recently I installed the new Nvidia drivers and now the screen tears are back!.....ugg!   Other then that tearing issue, P3D runs great!...no FPS issues...nothing!..just that tearing that's driving me nuts!!

I don't get it!  Is anyone with the Nvidia card getting this awful screen tear when panning around the VC and also when viewing/panning outside and seeing the ground tear as well??   I keep asking but no one seems to care about it.  I never had this tearing problem in FSX because in NI you can setup the Vsync but in P3D it doesn't work.  It's like it stuck in windows mode.   

I'm positive some are getting them in P3D even with high end cards because I've seen PD3 user in a Twitch streams and I see them as well.   There must be a secret NI or NCP setting to get rid of them.

I hope someone knows the settings to get rid of the tearing..please!!..lol

It strange.  When I first installed the new P3D v3 a week or so ago I had very little to no screen graphic tear that I was having with version 2.5.   Recently I installed the new Nvidia drivers and now the screen tears are back!.....ugg!   Other then that tearing issue, P3D runs great!...no FPS issues...nothing!..just that tearing that's driving me nuts!!

I don't get it!  Is anyone with the Nvidia card getting this awful screen tear when panning around the VC and also when viewing/panning outside and seeing the ground tear as well??   I keep asking but no one seems to care about it.  I never had this tearing problem in FSX because in NI you can setup the Vsync but in P3D it doesn't work.  It's like it stuck in windows mode.   

I'm positive some are getting them in P3D even with high end cards because I've seen PD3 user in a Twitch streams and I see them as well.   There must be a secret NI or NCP setting to get rid of them.

I hope someone knows the settings to get rid of the tearing..please!!..lol

Did you clear your shaders after installing the new driver?

Good tip .... could you tell me how you do that please?

thanks Dave

Hi Tokitaumelie,

Thanks for the reply.  No, I did not do that...Will that fix the tearing issue?   I will do that now and check if fixes the tearing...thanks!

Did you clear your shaders after installing the new driver?