Sign in to follow this  
frostynz

New to P3D - NVI

I have been using v3 for a couple of weeks now with no edits to the Config file. Runs really well. Very smooth and looks really good from a visual perspective. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Cleared the shaders and still getting screen tears. Shoot!..Man, I had very little to no tears before the Nvidia driver update...man, I should have left well alone!!..Oh well....I guess I can live with it but I whish I could get rid of them.   P3D runs so well and smooth..no stutters and no FPS hits...only the screen tearing issues.

Did you clear your shaders after installing the new driver?

Cleared the shaders and still getting screen tears. Shoot!..Man, I had very little to no tears before the Nvidia driver update...man, I should have left well alone!!..Oh well....I guess I can live with it but I whish I could get rid of them.   P3D runs so well and smooth..no stutters and no FPS hits...only the screen tearing issues.

You could always try reverting back to the previous drivers.

Hope things work out 

I really appreciate the input from everyone on this thread.

I know the answer to this question will be 'YMMV' but in regards to basic settings what do people recommend please?

ie FXAA 'off or on'  ...... 2, 4 or 8 x MSAA?

locked at 30fps or unlimited?

HDR 'checked' or 'unchecked'?

Triple Buffering 'checked' or 'unchecked'?

(just a reminder I have an i7-4790K/GTX980ti/SSD's)

thanks in advance

Dave

I have the same as yours Dave but I have the i7-3930K.    Every set of eyes is different and personal preference is just that, personal to you.    I had some shimmers and stutters (very small but still eye bending) so I played around with them until my tiny tin can brain allowed me to enjoy my Sim again.   I leave HDR on as I feel I like it.   My monitor is 60 HRZ so I was advised to lock my frames at 32,  this makes good sense to me,  as it saves me from constantly staring at the monitor trying to pick the visual difference between a locked 32 frames a second picture and an unlimited 33 frames a second picture.    Yes I like the 980 ti,  as one refined Gentleman said  "it really is the dogs minerals"    with language like that,  Gentleman, might be a stretch   :smile:      I don't know why i use some of the settings that i do, but they work for me,  and sure isn't that what its all about 

Using these settings wrong will give you the feeling of impotence or is it incompetence, always got them 2 words mixed up.

21523368044_6568918fca_o.png

21523357714_3d4414b850_o.png

22134384252_8b1905a249_o.png

As you can see i have perfected the art of drawing with a wired mouse. This gives me great ability and power in future Tutorials 

Elaine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your configuration and settings.

Honestly, they are the best 'squiggly' lines I have witnessed on this thread  ;-)

Thanks again

Dave

Elaine Multi display/mixed GPU setting only applies to OpenGL. If you just use Nvidia control panel and mouse over it to see the description. I tired it in X plane as well but didn't see any change in there either (OpenGL)

22134384252_8b1905a249_o.png

As you can see i have perfected the art of drawing with a wired mouse. This gives me great ability and power in future Tutorials 

Being a graphic designer I can say that you've indeed perfected the art. However, as a simmer I'd like to add you might have also added a little line to the right of Antialiasing mode - Enhance the application setting because that one is needed for 4x Sparse Grid to do it's wonderful work. The other red lines aren't that important (and won't make any noticeable difference). Take note too (for anyone who is reading this) that Poppet has a 980 Ti: with a more regular GPU (read: cheaper) that 4x Sparse Grid will lower your overal fps a bit but it will probably completely kill your fps when flying near or in clouds.

Elaine Multi display/mixed GPU setting only applies to OpenGL. If you just use Nvidia control panel and mouse over it to see the description. I tired it in X plane as well but didn't see any change in there either (OpenGL)

Ok cool thanks Steve 

Being a graphic designer I can say that you've indeed perfected the art. However, as a simmer I'd like to add you might have also added a little line to the right of Antialiasing mode - Enhance the application setting because that one is needed for 4x Sparse Grid to do it's wonderful work. The other red lines aren't that important (and won't make any noticeable difference). Take note too (for anyone who is reading this) that Poppet has a 980 Ti: with a more regular GPU (read: cheaper) that 4x Sparse Grid will lower your overal fps a bit but it will probably completely kill your fps when flying near or in clouds.

Ohhhh Riooght,  your a graphic designer so, well isn't that just darn didily doo marvelous eh  :smile:     Ill have to go back and check that again and try and prove you wrong with the limited, nada (0) knowledge i have with NI  :P    To the pain of everyone else i'm slowly but surely learning.   I use the 4 setting,  8 seems to be overkill,  4 is perfect, cant handle them mini shimmers.  

Do you still have your ti,  did i read somewhere you sent it back