After about 5 years i want to upgrade from my i5 to the new skylake.

This will be my new rig:

What do you think? I build this PC mainly for XPX, P3D, and Adobe Photoshop+Lightroom.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Looks a great system, pretty similar to the one I'll be building in a few weeks.

For RAM, I'll probably be going for the new Ripjaw V's or Trident Z, both optimised for Skylake.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/g.skill-trident-z-ripjaws-v,29701.html

I take it you need so much RAM for Photoshop + Lightroom? If not it's way overkill. I'll be going for 16GB.

Your cooler's a good performer, but the H110 would be cooler and quieter. Personally I'm not a fan of closed loop coolers. I'm opting for the NH-D15S. No risk of leaks, no pump to fail and cools great, handles overclocking a treat. Quiet too.

The GTX 980ti is a great card, but I'm a fan of EVGA. It'll be the EVGA GTX 980ti KINGPIN for me.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-5998-KR

Your 1200 watt PSU is way, way over the top. It's plenty for even two GTX 980ti's in SLI. Is there a reason for that much wattage? Enermax is my favoured PSU these days.

For storage I may be opting for the new Intel 750 U.2.

Asus Z170 Deluxe for me. I'm a fan of Asus, always been reliable for me and I like their 5 way optimisation.

My i7980x must have stressed out waiting for P3Dv3.  It died completely when waking up about 3 weeks ago. 

So, I built a new computer with specs similar to what you're looking at.  I used the same 6700k, memory, cooler, and ASUS Z170-Deluxe, but I kept my EVGA GTX980FTW video card, DVD reader. 3 SSDs, and 3 HDDs plus I added a 1T Samsung 850 EVO SSD. 

I figured it wasn't worth trying to find my Win 7 pro and reinstall it and the required updates to get the free Win10 pro. So I bought an OEM version. 

The other differences are that I got the Corsair Graphite 760T full tower case and a Thermaltake 80+Gold 1200w power supply.  I was looking at the same power supply you are, but a friend of mine that works at Fry's said they got a lot of returns and besides, the $100.00 difference paid for Win10.  The case looks about the same as yours except it has a slopped panel for the power buttons and usb connectors.  I really like the SSD holders. 

It took me a few days to do the build because I had to do it on the floor of a rather small office which still contained the old pc and several boxes, another functional pc, and my only assistants consisted of a dog (that is fascinated by my headlamp) and two sometimes curious cats. Also, I am a rated SLBK (single leg below the knee amputee) whose leg would sometimes get stuck.  :Hmmmph:

After everything, I am exceedingly pleased with this build.  Still have a lot of work to do on the  software side, but Yahoo!  BTW, I'm driving a 55" 4K TV with this rig

Looks great

PSU is totally overkill. You could easily run that with a quality 750w and have room to spare.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |