Sign in to follow this  
raymar

1985 SN 030 S550 u/g Garmin G600 w/ dual GTN750s <$1MM

Hey Citation Lovers,

I got an email yesterday from Jet Aviva with a pdf and a couple of video links for their S550 offering. Totally new interior, new panel and avionics upgrade for a mere $995,000 asking price.

I guess the most significant item in all this is that this is yet more proof that our so-called self-appointed bizjet expert that keeps telling us that older Citations don't have any Garmin equipment. Well, what can I say?

This one is really sweet.

For those that are waiting for the CJ2 release, it has been pushed back to an early 2016 release. It has the Proline 21 panel so the GTN750 mod should be a slam dunk.

Regards,

Ray

http://www.jetaviva.com/inventory/listing.php?lid=1443705304

avionics.JPG

SN 030 S550.JPG

view1.JPG

view2.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I am supprised. I expected for less then $1 mil the engines would be shot. Still a good 1,000 hours on the left engine.

One thing I learned in over 30 years of aviation flying is never say anything is an absolute. As soon as you do someone is going to find an airplane that disproves your absolute.

Besides I thought we already disproved that one since Sierra Industries offers a Garmin mod for the Citation 550.

Hello Ken. Yes we did. But this one is so decked out that it makes want to appeal to Carenado to give us a mod with a G300/500/600 in the panel and spots for the GTNs.

I have been flying the Phenom 300 so much that the nose on the S550 looks like it is deformed.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I've pulled the G600 off the Carenado Seneca V, and I'm running it in a 2D window on the S550. It would be nice if the legacy Citation developers, would provide updated avionics in these airplanes. Very few of these are flying around with the original 30 year old panels. The Carenado S550 is a real box of horrors in that regard. With the G600 and F1 GTN, you can basically ignore everything else except the electrical, pressurization, and engine gauges.

Somebody who knows this stuff, could clean that VC panel up, and integrate the G600. Find or design some Meggitt LCD engine monitors while your at it.

Nobody's flying an old Citation around with as many CRT's as are in the Carenado model.