Sign in to follow this  
gfd

MyTraffic and Ultimate Traffic 2

Greetings,

First let me say this is not a who is better thread. I just want to get the most out of the simulator. I am currently using MyTraffic 6 in P3D v3. It appears that in P3D v3, we got the night lights back for the aircraft. For all that MyTraffic does, the AI lights are kind of hit and miss. Furthermore, I don't see any way to change the lights (to Shockwave or something) in the aircraft.cfg files. There appear to be at most, 2 entries for lights. There are over 200 models in MyTraffic and that would be a lot of trial and error to stock the planes with lights. I notice that many of the aircraft have lights at a distance; but the aircraft just glow. I understand that was done for a reason and I am not about to second guess Burkhard in any way.

If I were to purchase UT2, would there be a way to use that in conjunction with MyTraffic to 'get the best of both worlds'? My understanding is that UT2 has better models, with lights that work, etc. Would I be able to use UT2 models within the MyTraffic framework: UT2 models; MyTraffic scenery and schedules?

A final alternative would be to use WOAI and MilitaryAIWorks to create my own system. Is it practical to think I could create a complete AI world that way, or is that a life long pursuit? 

There may be performance considerations here. Perhaps that could be set aside for now. If I blow my performance down the tubes, that will be my fault alone.

Any guidance here would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Been using UT2 for FSX and will be for P3D when my new rig shows up at the end of the month.

What I like about UT2 is the models are good (usually AI Aardvark, TFS etc.).  You also can add your own AI which allows more models (FAIB, UTT etc.) and models that aren't part of UT2 such as many of the old Russian birds or the new Sukhoi Superjet 100 and  Dreamliner.

You can also install updated or new schedules that aren't part of UT2.

It's very flexible and really lets you do what you want with the models, liveries and schedules.

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

Been using UT2 for FSX and will be for P3D when my new rig shows up at the end of the month.

What I like about UT2 is the models are good (usually AI Aardvark, TFS etc.).  You also can add your own AI which allows more models (FAIB, UTT etc.) and models that aren't part of UT2 such as many of the old Russian birds or the new Sukhoi Superjet 100 and  Dreamliner.

It's very flexible and really lets you do what you want with the models, liveries and schedules.

Thanks Rob,

I'd be a newbie with this. Is there a place I can go to, to get info and resources? I guess what I want is MyTraffic coverage/paints and UT2 model quality. Not asking for much am I?

Well you can definitely do that with UT2, but it does take some painstaking work.  Luckily their PowerPack tool makes importing new schedules rather easy.

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

Well you can definitely do that with UT2, but it does take some painstaking work.  Luckily their PowerPack tool makes importing new schedules rather easy.

Thanks Rob. Are the steps obvious? I don't want to cause more harm than good. If not, do you know if there are howto's that I can have a peek at? The painstaking work is no problem.

As always ut2 has better models than mytraffic, it installs into P3d, although I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to moan they can't see any other traffic flying next to them in the middle of nowhere over the Atlantic or Pacific....

14ppkc-6.png

I agree UT2 :-)

André

As always if anyone wants help to install it in p3d pm me. Likewise my 6gb update is available and also works

14ppkc-6.png

As always if anyone wants help to install it in p3d pm me. Likewise my 6gb update is available and also works

Can this be done without the migration tool?

"your" 6gb update? As in you've painted 6gb worth of liveries and their schedule updates? Or have accumulated 6gb worth of others repaints and schedule updates? For curiosity sake.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I am curious how both MT and UT2 are looking with regards to their landing lights and strobes in P3D?  Good-bad-ugly?  

I see WOAI are now not so hot.  I have them looking great in P3Dv2.5 but 3 is a different animal.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Am wondering sam as Clutch. Have a different issue.

Can someone give me a walk through installing UT2 in p3d v2? I followed the YouTube video. No traffic, lots of errors when opening app. Maybe step 1 to step n. Would really appreciate. Would give more detail, but am rolling back system to an earlier date. Just want correct install.

Can't edit my post. I found an Avsim tbread back in February, discussing UT2 in P3D. Going to give that a whirl. Will report back.

I am using My traffic 6 in P3D v3 but what I did was replace some of the models with the higher quality models that are available (FAIB..etc) I only did the domestic US carriers as that's where I am most of the time. I have not put my shockwaves lights into P3D as of yet so they all are using default lights. You can in fact see them in the distance again....which is good!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11