Sign in to follow this  
bgpearce01

737 NGX Overhead not working with EZDOK

Hello,

I know this is not PMDG's fault but I am looking for some help.  I have searched the web and these forums for help and I am unable to register an account with flight1 as it is giving me some error, so of course no help from that publisher.

I am new to Prepar3d, never had it or FSX installed.  I was an xplane user but when version 3 arrived I decided to jump on board (and i couldnt wait any longer for a PMDG aircraft).  I am running Windows 10, p3d V3, orbx global, trackir5 and 737NGX.  EVerything works flawlessly.  Then I install ezdok 1.86 beta which everything seems to work, but most of the overhead panel switches become dissabled.  If i dont run ezdok, pmdg works perfect again.

I have installed all of the simconnects listed in the readmes in both pmdg and ezdok instructions.  Does anyone have any idea why I might be having this problem?  Also note that PMDG is the only aircraft i load into P3d, i do not let anything else load.

Brian Pearce

Hi Brian,

Whats probably happening is your point of view from the pilots seat is positioned so that it is at the same place as your seat headrest. All you need to do is to zoom into the overhead panel a little so your view moves away from the headrest.

Onward & Upwards!!

Jim Tierney

Thanks Jim,

I have solved my problem. I have requested a refund and am using the demo of opus live camera which works great. I'm currently studying computer science and have been following ezdok for a couple of years. I feel a $35 investment in that software would be a waste as the developer has done nothing but try to use Band-Aids to fix his software and collect a check.

Cheers

Brian Pearce

. I'm currently studying computer science and have been following ezdok for a couple of years. I feel a $35 investment in that software would be a waste as the developer has done nothing but try to use Band-Aids to fix his software and collect a check.

you presume quite a lot with that analysis.

cheers

-andy crosby

Wait a minute, are you implying EZDOK is no good and that there is something better ? It sure works for me but am I missing on something ?