Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

following forum's advice I recently got a CH Yoke to substitute my previous Saitek.

Although I feel the Saitek looked much better, I have to agree that overall CH provides smoother movements, due to its different internal design.
I am reading in forums ll over the place that people have been experimenting with modifications on CH yoke to make it less hard to push/pull, at the expenses of even less centering force (elastic bands instead of metal springs).

My questions for you expert simmers or real pilots:
1) is it desirable to have self-cantering yoke in flight sim, or does it get in the way with realism?
2) how does the yoke in a real GA plane (C172, Cherokee, etc) feel like in terms of self-cantering?
3) if you have tried the above mod, could you comment on your experience between original springs and elastic bands in CH yoke?

many thanks!!

I am interested in this as well...

Is that Kermit as in Texas?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I have had 2 CH-products yokes, and 1 Saitek in the last 10 years.

My findings are:

I wish I had just bought a premium yoke to start with, as I've killed both the CH ones with use and mods.

The Elastic band conversion on the CH is good - but be prepared to change the bands occasionally.

The saitek feels more solid, although I agree with the CH smoothness being better.

I'd give both yokes a 6/10.

My next investment will be a premium yoke I think.