Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Not very happy with the "new" MSE 4x

I was interested in the new 4x scenery, until I viewed your photos.  They need to do a better job.  Don't release it until it looks good.

jim

Before people start saying things like "I'll never buy their stuff again", it would be nice to know if this is a real problem with the scenery as released of if it's something unique to the OP's install.  If the former then shame on the developer for releasing a shoddy product - if the latter perhaps there's hope and a fix for the OP's system.

While I certainly have had a gripe or two with the MSE V2 products, they're generally not THAT bad when it comes to water masks, so I'm hoping this is simply an install or config issue.  I'm not QUITE ready to throw these guys on the trash heap yet pending further information.

BTW, no disrespect meant to the OP as what he's seeing is clearly awful.  It's just that we don't yet know WHY it's so awful.

Scott

All I can say is "Buyer Beware"!  :Tounge:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Before people start saying things like "I'll never buy their stuff again", it would be nice to know if this is a real problem with the scenery as released of if it's something unique to the OP's install.  If the former then shame on the developer for releasing a shoddy product - if the latter perhaps there's hope and a fix for the OP's system.

While I certainly have had a gripe or two with the MSE V2 products, they're generally not THAT bad when it comes to water masks, so I'm hoping this is simply an install or config issue.  I'm not QUITE ready to throw these guys on the trash heap yet pending further information.

BTW, no disrespect meant to the OP as what he's seeing is clearly awful.  It's just that we don't yet know WHY it's so awful.

Scott

It's not the installer's fault.  Photoscenery is created by a very simple process, and water masking is just as simple - draw a line that distinguishes the water from the land, and smooth it out so the transition isn't noticeable.  After all, its just a picture, nothing complex about it. 

The issue seen above is shoddy outlining of the water/land edge.  Think of it as tracing a picture with a pencil.  If you get outside of the lines it looks like crap.  I'm guessing either "artist" in this case didn't care, or they used an automated process based on some very rough "drawings" of the water's edge.

Scottee you're mixing two things here,
your description of water line process is simplistic but fairly outlines the process,

what everyone here are neglecting to acknowledge (and I’m not saying this is the case yet)
landcalss waterline has to match Photoreal line roughly!

in a more simplistic way; if your landcalss water lines are elsewhere;
it doesn’t matter where you blend your coastline if there's no landcalss water there;
you must place landcalss water there as well through landcalss descriptions first!

if his landcalss is messed up; it doesn’t matter what you do it won’t align
here's an example of what I’m talking about

here's a new development area that doesn’t exists in default landcalss

New_Section.jpg

to add it properly; you can see i first add default water where they should be
(if i just draw water and blend over the new Photoreal section it doesn’t give you water there just because you draw it)

lc1.png

lc2.png

2015_1_5_17_47_24_258.jpg

now that we have water in the new development area; we can now blend the water below to the image above

2015_1_6_5_33_49_181.jpg

2015_1_6_21_17_59_187.jpg

2015_1_6_21_24_26_346.jpg

Chris, it's obvious from the pics and others, there isn't an issue with landclass.  I've seen it myself in some of the MSE2 stuff.  And there's not a thing wrong with my landclass.

• Upvote 1

Im not sure there arent two separate issues at play here the OP is suffering. I agree with fscottee that it _looks_ like there are some serious issues with the pr scenery.

Having created my own pr sceneries both manually and through FSET, I'd make a couple of comments. Even FSET cannot do a complete job by itself, I've used GE to create watermask lines, then imported them into FSET to produce the pr element of the scenery. But ive still had to use that vector element in SBX in order to get the correct water lc underneath the pr water.

If the OP has some scenery which has different lc it can affect how the scenery looks.

It may also just be an issue with blending of the pr. I cant tell from my phone whether the water goes up to the shoreline but the pr element in MSE definitely isnt blended out into the lc water from what I can see?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

First of all thank you very much gents for all your input.

expect a response from Robert shortly,

And a special thanks to Chris for his valuable input and obvious contacting Robert for a response.

Scott

No worries, Scott.

Let me just tell you again my system: I have a newly installed P3D 2.5 which is completely vanilla except the installation of FTX Global/Vector and photoscenery from France VFR for the French Med. coast, Blueskyscenery for California and Oregon and now MSE 4x for Mass (and ev. Florida). All those sceneries are installed above FTX and disabled in case I fly instead of in Mass. in France for example. That means I have only that kind of photoscenery enabled that is the region of my respective flight.

I have no issues with France VFR or Bluesky. Everything is displayed properly with no default scenery replacing photoscenery (or let us say, at least I haven't found any yet). I only have the issues as can be seen in my previous screenies with MSE 4x. Which means only here default scenery replaces part of the photoscenery and only here I have the dreaded water masking problems.

That is why I don't think (of course I can be wrong) that this is related to my system or set-up.

Bernd 

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi folks. Robert Ferraro owner at PC Aviator here. Yes we have discovered a technical glitch after the release of Florida and we are working as fast as we can to correct the issue and release a new build. We expect to have a new build in around 3 weeks and all users will be notified and will be able to simply redownload their original purchase. The same issue applies to Massachusetts. We are also holding off releasing any further titles until the issue is corrected and we will resume those releases in several weeks time.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and we assure you the next release will be up to the standard you expect.

Robert Ferraro

• Upvote 1

Thanks Robert, these kind of issues have appeared to plague MSE products (I dont own any but would be interested very much if quality was improved), so its good to see you here commenting. I look forward to seeing some examples of the improvements when you are able to? K

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thank you very much Robert,

that’s a commitment and dedication we don’t see every day from a publisher!

now... who was it who said Robert doesn’t respond :smile:

• Upvote 1

Well, correcting a glitch in MSE4x is one thing, but what about the glitches in MSE2 Ireland? I'm not bothered about the Republic of Ireland as I have the PlayHorizon VFR GenX version, but I was rather hoping that I would be able to use Northern Ireland so that I could complete my "UK and Ireland" photoscenery collection. To be honest I was surprised to see Northern Ireland at all, considering that photo images of that region seem to be covered by the Official Secrets Act (even though anyone can have a look on Google Earth or Bing) :rolleyes:

Is there any chance of seeing a corrected version of MSE2 Ireland? Heck, I would pay full price just for a good quality rendition of Northern Ireland, since that is the only area that I need. Full watermasking, accurate coastlines and islands, and no visible default scenery is what I am looking for.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png