Sign in to follow this  
snaparaz

Minimize Windows knocks out Saitek Panels

As of today, when I minimize the FSX window or leave the cockpit for an alternative view, upon returning to the cockpit the Saitek panels (Yoke, etc) are completely killed. Have to reboot to get them back. Any idea what to do?

Mmm, not just me then!

I get FSX occasionally dropping from full screen to windowed mode when I turn a knob on the autopilot. This sometimes freezes the Saitek panels. 

I have set up a short cut to the Saitek Panels software on the desktop which refreshes the panels. Not at the PC at the moment so I can't remember exactly where this shortcut points to. 

Another thing that works is saving the flight, through a default keystroke, then returning to the flight. This often just reboots the panels and you can carry on as normal.

I have updated my drivers to the latest version, but still get those occasional drop outs to Windowed mode.  Hope some of this helps!

That's very useful - thanks! If possible, when you get time, could you send me the shortcut info for the Saitek restart. I'd like to give it a try.