Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Rain and snow in P3Dv3

For you guys already running P3Dv3, has there been an improvement to how rain and snow are depicted and the notorious "tunnel" effect or is it still as bad as in previous versions?

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,

Just buy this, its worth every Euro. Sorts all that your asking about out. With winter upon us no better time to buy it.

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Richard,

Just buy this, its worth every Euro. Sorts all that your asking about out. With winter upon us no better time to buy it.

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

+1

You'll never go back.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Actually I already own that one but didn't bother installing it on my new system.

Mainly because as I remember it I had some weird stuttering/performance issues in the past that went away the moment I got rid of PrecipitFX but also I can't remember I ever noticed any big improvements looking at the precipitation effects but maybe I should give it a second go.

And back to my main question I guess this means nothing has been done to improve the built-in precipitation effects on version 3?

Ok, you've convinced me to at least give it a second chance :)

Richard Åsberg

No I don't think so.

It might of had a few patches since you used it. I ran it in 2.5 and it was one of the first things I installed into v3, in rain the difference is black and white.

How is it on the FPS? VAS?

Thanks,

0 on both

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That add-on is worth it's weight in gold.   I see no VAS or FPS loss either, only sweet looking visuals for rain and snow.   I don't think the shaders were updated for rain and snow in 3.0.    At least it looked the same to me the other day.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Sorry, don't want to steer  the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

Do you have the Generic product or the A320 T7 Immersion?

If no impact on the frames I think that I'm the next customer.

How is it on the FPS? VAS?

Thanks,

As mentioned above I used to have some stuttering issues despite having a powerful rig but after the positive feedback here I'll definitely give it another spin. Maybe after some patches since I last tried it things have been improved.

Sorry, don't want to steer the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

NP and I'm too looking forward to try it out again after all this praise. Will also check what version I own because looks like there's product specific as well as a general version?

That add-on is worth it's weight in gold. I see no VAS or FPS loss either, only sweet looking visuals for rain and snow. I don't think the shaders were updated for rain and snow in 3.0. At least it looked the same to me the other day.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Richard Åsberg

Yes, that's my problem too, as I own both the Aerosoft and the PMDG. I'm looking at the Generic version now.

As I said, my only concern is the performance of this product.

Sorry, don't want to steer  the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

We are just taking about 

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/ not the Immersion.

Just noticed there's no version for the NGX which caught me with a bit of surprise considering the NGX is probably one of the most popular and wide spread a/c ever released.

Well...looking forward to try the general version out another time and making sure I get the latest version.

Richard Åsberg