Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My SkyMaxx Pro settings, (burned in...).

Just if anybody is wondering what my cloud settings are with SkyMaxx Pro (v 2.1.1), here they are.  It always helps to know what settings are behind the atmospherics seen in screen shots by contributors...

Left click mouse button twice on picture, to bring up for better settings viewing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Baron_58_34.png

Baron_58_35.png

Baron_58_36.png

Baron_58_38.png

Cheers,

Nice!  How is the smoothness with some of the more complex aircraft?

Nice!  How is the smoothness with some of the more complex aircraft?

Indeed, good!

XPX.41 is the smoothest forward animation of any of all the major sims that I have installed upon the system.  This is the first sim of the day, I fly... no perceptible stutter, other than when a weather read in is happening, and only for a few seconds, and then back to dead animation smoothness. I have the sim , basically blasted full out, and the performance from my pervue, is most excellent for sure!  Just to mention, no matter if I fly third party biz jets, or Cessna's...it's all the same, around 27-30 FPS, blah, blah. :smile:

Post Edit.  Since owning and running the XPX.4(x) series...I am not so much anal and focused upon FPS anymore. In fact..I have adopted what most do when posting screen shots, whether in XPX, FSX, or P3D...leaving FPS readings out of the picture. I agree with this.  The focus should not be upon FPS anymore...but whether a sim on each user's system, will give them the physics and graphics object renderings they need, to be happy upon a particular platform.  I guess that I am lucky, in that no matter what major sim platform I am currently using, it provides me with just that---- user smiles... Truly, that is all that matters....all that matters....

Cheers!

Just if anybody is wondering what my cloud settings are with SkyMaxx Pro (v 2.1.1), here they are.  It always helps to know what settings are behind the atmospherics seen in screen shots by contributors...

Left click mouse button twice on picture, to bring up for better settings viewing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You do know that the latest version is 2.3.3??  Updated during May 2014.

John

John Wingold

John

Oh, thanks John,...will update it...!

Indeed, good!

XPX.41 is the smoothest forward animation of any of all the major sims that I have installed upon the system.  This is the first sim of the day, I fly... no perceptible stutter, other than when a weather read in is happening, and only for a few seconds, and then back to dead animation smoothness. I have the sim , basically blasted full out, and the performance from my pervue, is most excellent for sure!  Just to mention, no matter if I fly third party biz jets, or Cessna's...it's all the same, around 27-30 FPS, blah, blah. :smile:

Post Edit.  Since owning and running the XPX.4(x) series...I am not so much anal and focused upon FPS anymore. In fact..I have adopted what most do when posting screen shots, whether in XPX, FSX, or P3D...leaving FPS readings out of the picture. I agree with this.  The focus should not be upon FPS anymore...but whether a sim on each user's system, will give them the physics and graphics object renderings they need, to be happy upon a particular platform.  I guess that I am lucky, in that no matter what major sim platform I am currently using, it provides me with just that---- user smiles... Truly, that is all that matters....all that matters....

Cheers!

Thanks, will give them a try, my settings are a lot more conservative than yours, but am getting a few frame drops to the point where a couple of my Jets become hard to control in built up areas, hence my question.

Your screenshots are amazing though, look forward to the next step in SMP3.0

John

Just logged onto my X-Aviation account...and found the SkyMaxx download link grayed out and dead. It also doesn't state which version of V2 they are currently selling. 

John

John, are you sure about v2.3.3?  I only see v2.1.1, around the Net forums, of which I do have. Can you post a screen grab of your SkyMaxx configuration mask, please...   Post edit:  Off of their support page...only shows the following:

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 2.1.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: xxxxx (deleted by me, so this won't get pulled)

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Clouds viewed through transparent surfaces (cockpit glass, rotor blades, etc) will blend properly with terrain, if the model with transparency was properly modeled. Converted FSX aircraft for example may still have issues, but they would have the same problems with default clouds. 2.1.1's clouds should work as well as default clouds in this respect.
  • The "overcast quality" setting will now affect stratus clouds as well.
  • Stratus clouds are now allowed to be at ground level
  • Stratus clouds with medium or high overcast quality will use soft particles for terrain blending
  • Performance is improved when the sun is in view
  • Lightning is less frequent, and thinner, in cumulonimbus clouds.

Oops - memory failure....   It was 1.3.3, but I am using that and it seems to work better than the  :unknw: 2.1.1.

Hey, I am older than dirt!

John

John Wingold

Oops - memory failure....   It was 1.3.3, but I am using that and it seems to work better than the  :unknw: 2.1.1.

Hey, I am older than dirt!

John

LOLOLOLOLOL....well..er....OK....John...I sent Cameron a ticket....he'll be scratching his head...lol.     Thanks for the clarification. I was also thinking...was I in a coma?!?   Cheers.

V2.1.1 works really well for me...and yes...waiting with anticipation for v3.0. :)

Thanks for sharing; my settings are a bit more conservative as well, but I like to run 8xSSAA to kill the shimmering, and I find that clouds and high levels of SSAA absolutely do not get along.  It can bring my 980ti to it's knees....

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for sharing; my settings are a bit more conservative as well, but I like to run 8xSSAA to kill the shimmering, and I find that clouds and high levels of SSAA absolutely do not get along.  It can bring my 980ti to it's knees....

" Yeah, that '8' is a killer for sure.  I'm happy with the visuals coming from the 4x setting.  Funny that I don't see shimmer.  On my Baron Cross-Country Snapshots thread over in the Screen Shots, the first grab is my burned in, XPX.41 settings for the sim.  With that...I have no shimmer to speak of."

" Yeah, that '8' is a killer for sure.  I'm happy with the visuals coming from the 4x setting.  Funny that I don't see shimmer.  On my Baron Cross-Country Snapshots thread over in the Screen Shots, the first grab is my burned in, XPX.41 settings for the sim.  With that...I have no shimmer to speak of."

Oh my.... I wish.  I'm not sure if it's a result of my monitor (32") and my resolution (2560x1440), but I still experience mild shimmering at 4xSSAA+FXAA.  If I turn off FXAA (I seem to have to turn it on/off in NI), then the shimmering is slightly worse.  I really need 8xSSAA to make the shimmering all but go away.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.