Sign in to follow this  
Captain45

OAT gauge and Icing @ work

The C404 Titan has no OAT gauge. Silly, but true. I mailed Alabeo about this. They wrote back that they are aware of this, and promissed an update, whenever that will be. I did not like to wait (probably until 'forever') and solved the problem in my own way. I downloaded the Davtron 301 and 307 OAT. Available at this link. It took me a few emails with the author to get it working (partly a RTFM matters), but it works fine now.

Like me, most simmers think that icing is not active in FSX, so why need an OAT? Only when you forget carburettor or pitot heat, you have to deal with that. That is not true, as I discovered. So I also downloaded an ICE GAUGE from the avsim.net library. Filename: ice_gauge_pop_up_mod.zip. Installed it, and tested it. The zip contains a txt-file describing everything one needs to know about icing and the gauge.

Since my PC has two monitors, I use one of them for all 2D panels, the OAT and the ICE gauges. But even on a single monitor you can do it.

Both freeware gauges make my Titan fly a lot more realistic anywhere icing conditions are active.

Dirk

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

Hi,

Could you please post details from your Panel.cfg to show how you implement this?

and btw, the temps are an easy fix. Se other thread

Actually after some research I found the real world aircraft has no OAT gauge as well. Strange but true!