Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Interesting weather toy

Just in case anyone missed it, if you click on a particular location.... like a storm, for instance, you will get a pop up offering you detailed information for that location.

Drilling down even further (scroll with mouse and mouse wheel) you will see individual airports and can get even more information.

(Or even easier, just type an airport ICAO under search)

Have fun!  :smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Are there two typhoons under Japan right now?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Are there two typhoons under Japan right now?

Tropical Storm Champi, to the east of Typhoon Koppu

http://www.weather.com/storms/typhoon/news/typhoon-koppu-tropical-storm-western-pacific-philippines

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Koppu and Champi are pounding the crap out of people down there, but from most western news media, you would never even hear about it unless you went looking. Reminds me (yet again) how insulated we can be from things important in the rest of the world.

And of course, I wouldn't have known to even look except for this tool showing those two improbable seeming side-by-side storms.

Devons rig

Thanks Hiflyer! I bookmark this one under flight planner.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

This is amazing and will really help to plan interesting approaches. Thank you

Nice find, I've been using this for a while - seems very similar to the one you linked and they both offer a wealth of information. I could just sit in front of my screen and watch it all day long, hypnotic stuff.

Guys, check the east coast of Mexico, click on winds. Over 200kph on surface, 300kph over 3000ft! The force is strong in this one! I hope the people are well prepared in Mexico.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Guys, check the east coast of Mexico, click on winds. Over 200kph on surface, 300kph over 3000ft! The force is strong in this one! I hope the people are well prepared in Mexico.

Lots of superlatives being used for Patricia, the strongest hurricane ever recorded........

Devons rig

Lots of superlatives being used for Patricia, the strongest hurricane ever recorded........

Yep.

Here is the live coverage:

https://youtu.be/RP5Y4lISF0s

Also impressive to see 100kts winds but no winds a few miles away, at the eye of the storm:

AhYNpmP.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]