Sign in to follow this  
Guest tymk

Adding a weather station

Guest tymk

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any luck adding weather stations in ASN. There's a new one in my "home" area in the sim (K0S9 at 0S9 Jefferson County Intl.), and I tried to add it using Tools > Edit station database, but I can't make it work.

I'm able to enter the ID, name and coordinates in the initial dialog, then add elevation in the list. After I click Save, ASN restarts, and the new station disappears from the list. Am I doing something wrong, or is there an issue with this functionality?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Tym

Hi Tym,

There was a filter on our servers which prevented you from seeing K0S9, since our servers were not fetching data for that station. We have since added K0S9, so you should be able to see the station the next time you start ASN. However if you do not, you can now add the station and it should remain once added, or you can simply go to tools->edit station database->reset to defaults, assuming that you have not made any previous changes that you would like to keep. In the future, if there are any other stations that you would like added, please let us know. Thanks for the request!

Guest tymk

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, I've reset the database and K0S9 is now included. :smile: Thank you for the quick support, I'll be sure to let you know if I come across any new weather stations.

Regards,

Tym