Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

A trundle round Tasmania.

Any minute now Sir Roger de Brum will present us with a flight plan. What we do know is that it will start in YMLT Launceston. In a rare bout of helpfulness I offer this bit of 'anti angst'

1: If you don't have or don't want FTX Australia then you can have FREE Orbx's demo Tasmania

2: Now get hold of Orbx freeware YMLT Launceston.

When you have installed Launceston, make your way to Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS\scenery and change the ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.bgl to ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.OFF

That will save you fretting over elevations, duplicated scenery and of course, 'etc'. It also renders this scenery as 'Brilliant' :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi, Ron.  Will we need any additional Aussie airports for this excursion, payware or freeware?  I have many, but not all.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hard to say Stew. I reckon if you have Orbx and OZx scenery 3.0 through 3.4 + libraries there's not a lot left. :smile:

All set with TeamSpeak? I'll be on around 1900Z if you want a sound check.

Am I mother-henning you? :BigGrin:

Mother-henning?  No, not at all.  I need all the help I can get!

Ah, OZx sceneries--I'll have to look at getting those, I guess.  TeamSpeak I think so.  1900Z looks like 12:00 pm here on the West Coast/San Francisco, etc.  We're still on Daylight Savings Time.  I'll try to be there.

Stew

Stew

A runner has been dispatched from Brummie Manor carrying, in a cleft stick, a PLAN!

:yahoo:

190 nm approx. with 8 landings. with grass, clay & asphalt surfaces.

Server to be set for 15.30 hrs local.

Scenery: Orbx Australia or their Tasmania demo, Launceston YMLT and everything you can scrounge off OZx!

Real Weather, unless you don't have OpusFSI, then ASN will suffice....Just.

My personal carriage will be this one: You may choose whatever you like. As long as it's not a King Air 200!

VH-ZCU%20Cessna%20182T.JPG

Thank you, Roman.  That helps making a Plan-G flight plan (if that's allowed :smile:  )

Just to confirm, Ron, that will be 1530Z?

Stew

Stewart,

Yes it is allowed! Just a tip. You can take the .pln that Ron uploaded and load it in plan-g. --> Open file, browse to Docs/FSX folder, lower right (above the open/cancel buttons) dropdown - select "FSX / FS9 Flight plan files (*.pln)" then open " VFR Launceston to Wynyard.PLN" -- Plan-G reads and writes to many styles of plans.

We alway show up on TS / MP just prior to 1800 UTC.. Ron is just letting us know that it will be an afternoon flight. His server determines the sim time. 

EDIT - Another Plan-G tip. (POWER TIP! :shok: ) 

In windows explorer -

1. Go to My Documents and create a shortcut to the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder 
  2. Cut | Paste the newly created shortcut to - My Documents\Plan-G Files\Plans (Rename as wanted)
  3. Go up one level to My Documents\Plan-G Files and create a shortcut to " My Documents\Plan-G\Plans"
  4. Cut | Paste the newly created shortcut to - My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files (Rename as wanted)

Plan-G doesn't remember the last browsed folder. Use the shortcuts to get you where you need to be.This will save your fingers from clicking too much and/or getting lost. Save those fingers for adjusting the avionics/instruments 'n such!  :LMAO:

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thank you, Roman.  That helps making a Plan-G flight plan (if that's allowed :smile:  )

Just to confirm, Ron, that will be 1530Z?

Point 1: The PLAN has been uploaded. Click on PLAN in my previous post.

Point 2: 1530Z is when the server time is set for. We'll be meeting at a more earthly hour of 1800Z. That 7pm here, God knows what time it is in other parts of the world. 

Thank you Roman, saved me a helluva lot of typing!

1800Z is 11:00 am here Pacific Time, I reckon.  That's much better than 8:30 am!  Thanks, Ron.

Thanks, Roman.  That's good to know.  I took your Skyvector plan and converted it to Plan-G manually, which was fun--got to see exactly where we'll be flying.  BTW, Plan-G doesn't know where George Town is, so I had to locate the airfield(s) (there are two, as we discovered yesterday), and put a User waypoint on top of them.  Also, I remember the reason why I was lower than you guys yesterday when we landed there:  I was still operating FSX in North America "mode", with no AU sceneries loaded up and no Holgermesh, so my elevations were all screwed up.  No worries, though, I've got SimStarter set up for Australia, including the four OZx packages, for tomorrow's fun.  Don't know how long I can remain on the flight, but I'll be there at start-up, for sure.

Stew

Stew

Be careful!  Plan-G thinks XBLM is in Oregon, USA, not in Australia.  So converting Ron's "Plan" to a Plan-G flight plan will direct you to a heliport in Oregon.  I made the adjustment in the Plan-G version to identify Ben Lomond correctly.  But that was interesting for awhile.

Stew

Stew

Just for completeness, the usual setup information.

A Trundle Round Tasmania
Date and time: Saturday 17 October, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR
Teamspeak – Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak – simply log into the channel)

Don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer speadsheet!
(linked
here)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Be careful!  Plan-G thinks XBLM is in Oregon, USA, not in Australia.  So converting Ron's "Plan" to a Plan-G flight plan will direct you to a heliport in Oregon.  I made the adjustment in the Plan-G version to identify Ben Lomond correctly.  But that was interesting for awhile.

Stew

Not my plan mate. So don't blame me for errors and omissions! No names, no pack drill. (Sir Roger de Brum)

BTW, Plan-G doesn't know where George Town is, so I had to locate the airfield(s) (there are two, as we discovered yesterday), and put a User waypoint on top of them. 

Stew

I think you'll have to run Plan-G's FSX airport finder thingie.  Ah! Build Navigation Database

All this talk of Plan-G and missing airports reminded me of JB's afcads. Most of OZx's airports were supposed to be found by navigation old stylee. These AFCADS will put them in the airport selection window and your GPS. Our thanks go to Bliksimpie (who I haven't heard from for a while, must email him) for doing them.

Oops, sorry, Ron.  Didn't mean to imply anything.  JB's afcads look useful and worth a look.  Thanks.

Stew

Stew