Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

REX update

It looks REX have released update for REX4 and Soft clouds, but asking for the Beta Release Code. Hope v3 support added.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Undoubtedly, the next update fully adjusted to P3D V3.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Hi,

We have released the final builds to our beta team so it's not officially released, hence the requirement of the 'beta' code.

We are currently testing:

Texture Direct
Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

Soft Clouds

Weather Architect

All the above are now compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D versions 1, 2 and 3.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Good news - thanks Tim! V3's coming along nicely...

Also here ,

if i made a mistake and overwrite the water and sun without backup i guess the new updated V3 version will correct this as well right ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi,

We have released the final builds to our beta team so it's not officially released, hence the requirement of the 'beta' code.

We are currently testing:

Texture Direct

Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

Soft Clouds

Weather Architect

All the above are now compatible with FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D versions 1, 2 and 3.

Hi Tim

I am wondering if P3D contains any new technology that REX can leverage in order to make an even better REX product for P3D. Reason I ask is it seems that all third party applications are FSX apps that are just ported over to P3D, but nothing is really build to take advantage of a modernized P3D platform. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi Tim

I am wondering if P3D contains any new technology that REX can leverage in order to make an even better REX product for P3D. Reason I ask is it seems that all third party applications are FSX apps that are just ported over to P3D, but nothing is really build to take advantage of a modernized P3D platform. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe under the configuration in REX you have the option to tell REX which version of simulator aka textures/advantages you want to install to your platform.

I recall having special effect DX11 option (Pr3D2.4 ) activated for some textures. 

So its not interely a port over as i see it

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Till REX releases their updates :

I emptied many folders from v2

The Texture folder is empty as also the World folder.

After I have choosen the clouds/environment in REX Direct + Softclouds I copy the files from the v2 texture folder into the v3 texture folder.

Looks great again.

Now a way to make the sun bigger ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I hope the REX Essential Plus SP3 version of the P3D v3 compliant code arrives soon!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Till REX releases their updates :

I emptied many folders from v2

The Texture folder is empty as also the World folder.

After I have choosen the clouds/environment in REX Direct + Softclouds I copy the files from the v2 texture folder into the v3 texture folder.

Looks great again.

Now a way to make the sun bigger ...

There is a sun.cfg somewhere in P3D (sorry, can't recall where!) and there is a size entry. You can mess around with that number. I think the issue is more not having a stronger glare around the sun although some of the Rex suns do seem very small. When I see clips of DCS the sun always looks very realistic...wish we could get that in P3D!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

it is for beta team members ONLY.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors