Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

Pilots' FS Global Ultimate

Hi everyone,

Has anyone succeeded to install Pilots' FS Global Ultimate into P3Dv3? If so, could you please point me to any existing installation instructions. I have successfully installed the mesh for The Americas in FSX-SE and now want to install this same mesh using the 'Scenery Layers Only' method using Pilots' installer downloaded from my account at Pilots. But the latest installer fails and reports the following:

An error occured while executing intall action #91! Installation will be rolled back!

Loading Scenery Configuration Exception
Scenery Configuration couldn't be located at Pilots.Setup.Installer.Actions.LoadSceneryConfigurationAction.Execute(MainFormpForm)
at Pilots.Setup.Installer.InstallerProfile.Execute(MainForm pForm)​

And I've attempted to email a support question but the link on their web site fails to allow me send them a note.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

Regards,

JJ

There is no need to use their installers imo if you have it running somewhere on your system. Just create scenery entries in P3Dv3 and point them to your existing FSGUX Folders. AFAIK the installers would only change "NoFlatten"  - entries in Terrain.cfg. I have never noticed any problems whene these settings were not changed. I am doing this way since  I left FSX two years ago and several new set-ups.

Support from FSPilot regarding FSGlobal Mesh Products is real bad imo.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi..if you have the mesh already installed, all you need to do is add it to your scenery folder..I have FS Global Ultimate on my D drive. I go to scenery library in P3D v3 and add the mesh by locating it in my "D" drive. Just make sure you put the priority as per the default location in your FSX-SE version....you don't need an installer...Nemo is exactly correct. Just go to scenery folder and add scenery....then browse to your location where you installed the mesh..then add it. But compare the default location as per FSX-SE scenery folder and move it accordingly..The mesh runs outside of the main flight sim folders and all you need to do is to point the software towards you scenery library.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Sincere thanks to both you Harry and Peter for your prompt responses. I did create the entries as suggested and the mesh is indeed recognized. You're both good coaches! And Harry, I agree with you that the support at Pilots' is below par insofar as Global mesh is concerned!

Best regards,

JJ

And Harry, I agree with you that the support at Pilots' is below par insofar as Global mesh is concerned!

Best regards,

JJ

I have to agree. I own (and registered) all the Ultimate DVDs. I mailed them on P3D3 compatibility 14 days ago, but they didn't find me worth any answer so far.

Add the lack of any official support forum.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have had to rebuild my PC, so lost all of my P3Dv2 entries since I installed P3Dv3 as a fresh install.

I do have a backup of the FSGUX Folders but not the structure of how they should look in P3Dv3.

Please would someone send through a snap shot of your P3Dv3 Scenery setup and I will add the folders accordingly. 

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower